• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

EddieCabot has greatest Post ever

Started by Grizz, June 30, 2017, 01:31:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grizz

Well stated.  Sounds like HL schools are just jealous of the way Valpo has dominated since joining the league.

The bad and good of the HL replacing Valpo with IUPUI:

Bad = The HL will surely become a perennial 1-bid league that will be 15+ in the RPI and rarely, if ever, win a game in the NCAA tourney.

Good = The HL will be more balanced, with the remaining teams now having a chance to win the league and actually make an NCAA tourney appearance on occasion.

You guys really are a bunch of 6th graders. The league is soooooooo jealous of you. But lets not let the facts get in the way of making yourself feel so good about you.

THE BAD
Fact:  Since 1998 the only team in the Horizon League to get an at Large Bid is Butler. UMMMM that's 20 years
Fact:  Since Valpo joined the Horizon league the number of at large bids Valpo has received  0
Fact:  The number of at large bids for Valpo all time    0
Fact: The average seed in NCAA tournament since Valpo joined the Horizon for any team not named Butler  (14.1)
Fact   In Valpo's 2 NCAA trips they were a 13 and a 14 seed
Fact   Amount of games Valpo won in NCAA tournament while in Horizon league   0

The Good ( with the remaining teams now having a chance to win the league and actually make an NCAA tourney appearance on occasion. )

Fact. Valpo in it's 11 years in Horizon went to 2 NCAA's. That means you went to NCAA'S 18% of the time

Did I mention Valpo never won an NCAA game   oh I did

So you say we are jealous and the league will rarely, if ever win an NCAA game because you left when You never won any???????
Everyone else has a chance now that your taking your 18% winning rate to a new league. That makes sense.

Truth is, no one gives a care your leaving, yes, mad about the team replacing you because you were a very good program.  But what did you really do to help the league. Your BEST team ever, a team that could have won NCAA games didn't even make it to the NCAA. You were a pretty date but in the end that's all you were.

And now a new coach, you lost a pro, and the team with out him scored 42 points in the tournament. I think your future is more in doubt then the status of the Horizon league.

It will be interesting to read this board 5 years from now. You might want to go over to the Oral Roberts board. Is that your future. They left a league they were winning and you remember how obnoxious they were back in the day. Might be you. Good luck.

And don't rip Oakland on this. This has nothing to do with Oakland. Our first 4 years in the Horizon we are 45-23 with a championship an a NIT win. Your first four years in the Horizon you were 50% with a CIT bid. And guess what, your leaving just made it easier on us.

Dave_2010

One whole NIT win? Congrat! How many felons did you have to recruit to accomplish this feat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vu72

Quote from: Grizz on June 30, 2017, 01:31:55 PM
Well stated.  Sounds like HL schools are just jealous of the way Valpo has dominated since joining the league.

The bad and good of the HL replacing Valpo with IUPUI:

Bad = The HL will surely become a perennial 1-bid league that will be 15+ in the RPI and rarely, if ever, win a game in the NCAA tourney.

Good = The HL will be more balanced, with the remaining teams now having a chance to win the league and actually make an NCAA tourney appearance on occasion.

You guys really are a bunch of 6th graders. The league is soooooooo jealous of you. But lets not let the facts get in the way of making yourself feel so good about you.

THE BAD
Fact:  Since 1998 the only team in the Horizon League to get an at Large Bid is Butler. UMMMM that's 20 years
Fact:  Since Valpo joined the Horizon league the number of at large bids Valpo has received  0
Fact:  The number of at large bids for Valpo all time    0
Fact: The average seed in NCAA tournament since Valpo joined the Horizon for any team not named Butler  (14.1)
Fact   In Valpo's 2 NCAA trips they were a 13 and a 14 seed
Fact   Amount of games Valpo won in NCAA tournament while in Horizon league   0

The Good ( with the remaining teams now having a chance to win the league and actually make an NCAA tourney appearance on occasion. )

Fact. Valpo in it's 11 years in Horizon went to 2 NCAA's. That means you went to NCAA'S 18% of the time

Did I mention Valpo never won an NCAA game   oh I did

So you say we are jealous and the league will rarely, if ever win an NCAA game because you left when You never won any???????
Everyone else has a chance now that your taking your 18% winning rate to a new league. That makes sense.

Truth is, no one gives a care your leaving, yes, mad about the team replacing you because you were a very good program.  But what did you really do to help the league. Your BEST team ever, a team that could have won NCAA games didn't even make it to the NCAA. You were a pretty date but in the end that's all you were.

And now a new coach, you lost a pro, and the team with out him scored 42 points in the tournament. I think your future is more in doubt then the status of the Horizon league.

It will be interesting to read this board 5 years from now. You might want to go over to the Oral Roberts board. Is that your future. They left a league they were winning and you remember how obnoxious they were back in the day. Might be you. Good luck.

And don't rip Oakland on this. This has nothing to do with Oakland. Our first 4 years in the Horizon we are 45-23 with a championship an a NIT win. Your first four years in the Horizon you were 50% with a CIT bid. And guess what, your leaving just made it easier on us.

Ummm, Eddie is a Butler fan...  As for the ORU reference, we dominated the Midcon (Summit) before jumping to the Horizon.  Yep, we tripped a couple of times when we should have been NCAA bound.  As for your Championship (read carefully, "Co-championship")! 

Please do check back in five years but it won't take us that long. Check back next year.  Now, if Oakland doesn't win it all next year then presumably it is Kampe's fault, not the quality of players he pursues.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

valpo64

By the way, as a side note, with IUPUI replacing Valpo , I suppose that the next claim will be that HL's academic status will be markedly improved also. 

VUGrad1314

Cool story bro. Here's some more numbers for you :

Number of NCAA Tournament bids for Oakland since joining the HL: 0

Number of outright conference titles: 0

Average NCAA seed: Sorry, data not found

I'll say this again Number of top 100 RPI seasons for Oakland since joining the HL: 0

Number of top 25 victories : 0

Number of Motor City Madness Victories: 0

Let's also remember the league we joined was top 12 in KenPom and  currently down and awful programs like Milwaukee  Cleveland State  Wright State were a heck of a lot better than they are now AND we had to compete with Butler at the height of their power with a legendary coach, a lottery pick , and multiple NBA players on their roster. The league we entered and the one you entered don't even inhabit the same universe. Had you stepped into THAT Horizon League , not the one ambling toward the  20s in conference ranking  and struggling to outdo the Summit League, there's no way  Oakland even sniffs 45-23 unless it's a halftime score and you're the team trailing  They probably would have done even worse than Valpo and would have struggled to  fill the  vacuum created by Butler's departure.

I've said this before and I'll say it again : Oakland  has done less for the Horizon League and its profile in basketball than Northern Kentucky . Maybe you should focus on becoming a better program than them first.

Congratulations on (potentially) taking the mantle of the  Horizon League by attrition At least we started our run while Butler was still in the league. Hopefully you can change some of these numbers before IUPUI gets a bid. The Golden Grizzlies are officially on the  clock, and  remember  The Atlantic 10 (a conference a Detroit reporter has said your school thinks it's too good for) is watching  as the winds of realignment begin to blow. How embarrassing would it be to go from invited to not even considered in just a few short years?)

Grizz

I was wrong.  More like forth graders.  Your answer is to rip Oakland.  So clever.  This has nothing to do with Oakland and everything to do with u guys leaving our league and we can't exist without you.  Just pointing out the facts. But you guys are good at avoiding them.  And don't give me its "our message board".  You were good not great. 

VUGrad1314

Butler was great , we were good , what does that make Oakland, assuming it can hang with NKU?

Two more  questions:Do you  honestly believe that the league Oakland entered  is better thean the league Valpo entered?

And if not  Do you honestly think that Oakland would have done any better than Valpo in that league?

valpotx

Grizz, when you can win 5 regular season titles in 6 years, come talk to us.  Wait, we won 9 out of 10 while in the Mid-Con.  When you do that, come talk to us.  NCAA bids be damned in a one bid league, since 1 team can get hot and win it all, just like a bad Milwaukee team did a few years back at a 6 seed.  We are not a program that is destined for ORU-like failure.  You have to remember that a financial scandal kind of tore that school up...
"Don't mess with Texas"

FieldGoodie05

Quote from: Grizz on June 30, 2017, 02:51:23 PM
I was wrong.  More like forth graders.  Your answer is to rip Oakland.  So clever.  This has nothing to do with Oakland and everything to do with u guys leaving our league and we can't exist without you.  Just pointing out the facts. But you guys are good at avoiding them.  And don't give me its "our message board".  You were good not great.

If anyone called us "great" they are sadly drinking the cool aid.  But I'd be glad to get rid of whinny competitors from our forum.  That would be great!!!

M

Who left the gate open and allowed Grizz to wander back in??

EddieCabot

Quote from: Grizz on June 30, 2017, 01:31:55 PM

That's a Fake Fact ... Valpo was only in the Horizon for 10 years. 

VUGrad1314

Grizz, you can't blast a departing team's resume and then ask that we not attack Oakland's which is vastly inferior even to newer league members. Why don't you address some of these facts in my post and answer my questions?

1. Do you honestly believe that the league Oakland entered is better than the one Valpo entered ?
2. If not, Do you believe Oakland's results in that league would be any better than Valpo's in their first four years?

a3uge

Grizz does not represent Oakland well, and I hope Butler fans didn't get this sense of resentment and bitterness coming from Valpo fans.

But hey, at least we didn't enable and excuse woman beaters and equate the action to having a few beers while in college.

Grizz

And there you prove my point , I compared it to academic  fraud, but no one wants to talk about that. Right.  (Take the path of the kid who drank, but we won't discipline him until we play a non d-1 because that will teach him good Christian values.)And it was far reaching too. People here know more about it then your own fans. The kid at Clemson will miss games next year because of it. You got lucky because the "others"involved  had graduated.  But I'm sure you think the NCAA has something against Valpo. Yea, they do, you won a championship with a group of guys that cheated in a class. It's ok though. The teams in this league are jealous of you. Ok. You will Answer this by trying to tear down Oakland. That will make you feel good about your little world. Like that matters. Also your right, I don't rep the other Oakland fans. Nothing about this is about Oakland to me.

NativeCheesehead

Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey (Grizz) Goodbye!

vu72

Quote from: Grizz on June 30, 2017, 02:51:23 PM

Oakland may not measure up to us in basketball (yet), but there is little doubt about their academic profile.   ::)
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

VU2014

Clearly someone is a little triggered and tad bit envious whether they'd like to admit it or not.

Can't blame VU fans for being happy about heading greener pastures. The HL will lose some shine without Valpo just as it lost a lot when losing Butler. Losing Valpo won't be the death nail by any means but its an undeniable blow to the conference in terms of level of basketball & academics (OU is a good academic institution, but there are too few VU's and OU's in the HL).

Someone else will become the dominant program after we leave. There is a chance its OU if they can keep landing quality (troubled) transfers & build off of next years success (losing a lot of talent after next season), but my $ is on UIC if they can continue to recruit well and don't get there roster poach (may be an issue after next season). NKU should continue to be a good program as long as they don't lose Brannen who just signed an extension but he doesn't mean much because he was rumored to be exploring other coaching vacancies this offseason (including his name came up for the Dayton job briefly).

ml2

EddieCabot isn't just a Butler fan. He's a Butler fan whose every post is a parody of how deluded he thinks the Valpo fan base is. Eddie might actually be the person on this board who agrees the most with Grizz's opinion of Valpo and its fans. The fact that it was one of Eddie's posts that set off Grizz has to be one of the most hilarious and meta things to ever happen on this board.

VUGrad1314

Quote from: Grizz on June 30, 2017, 05:53:44 PMAnd there you prove my point , I compared it to academic  fraud, but no one wants to talk about that. Right.  (Take the path of the kid who drank, but we won't discipline him until we play a non d-1 because that will teach him good Christian values.)And it was far reaching too. People here know more about it then your own fans. The kid at Clemson will miss games next year because of it. You got lucky because the "others"involved  had graduated.  But I'm sure you think the NCAA has something against Valpo. Yea, they do, you won a championship with a group of guys that cheated in a class. It's ok though. The teams in this league are jealous of you. Ok. You will Answer this by trying to tear down Oakland. That will make you feel good about your little world. Like that matters. Also your right, I don't rep the other Oakland fans. Nothing about this is about Oakland to me.

Still waiting on an answer to my questions. Your silence is deafening. It screams out that you've got nothing and aren't interested in rational  discussion. I will  ask you one more time and should you choose to address these questions I ask that you stick to substance and not move the goalpost. Don't talk about values, or the criminality of athletes, or anything else,  just facts related to the discussion.

1. Do you believe that the Horizon League that Oakland joined was a better league than the one that Valpo joined.

2. If not, do you believe that Oakland would have posted better results than Valpo did if they had joined the HL when Valpo joined?

You want us to stop being so delusional and not to resort to name-calling and school-bashing, and I am trying to deal with you on that level. Here's your chance, now stop dodging and answer. Let's have a discussion free of anger, hatred, and vitriol. Are you here to debate and discuss, or simply to troll and stir the pot? Let's see.

EddieCabot

Quote from: VUGrad1314 on June 30, 2017, 02:21:06 PM

I think this tells the real story.  Oakland had good seasons the past 2 years, but when the league tourney rolled around, they choked like dogs.  It's easy to win games in January and February, but winning games that count in March takes something special ... clear that Oakland doesn't have what it takes.

EddieCabot

Quote from: vu72 on June 30, 2017, 01:48:31 PM
Please do check back in five years but it won't take us that long. Check back next year.  Now, if Oakland doesn't win it all next year then presumably it is Kampe's fault, not the quality of players he pursues.

To quote David Fizdale, "Take that for data".  Anyone who has posted on this board for a while knows vu72 is rarely wrong.  I think his Chris Halvorsen = Gordon Hayward take may have been the last time he was a bit off target.  I know wh is on vacation, but wish we could get his take because his accuracy rating rivals vu72's. 

VUGrad1314

Quote from: EddieCabot on June 30, 2017, 09:09:36 PM
Quote from: VUGrad1314 on June 30, 2017, 02:21:06 PMNumber of Motor City Madness Victories: 0
I think this tells the real story.  Oakland had good seasons the past 2 years, but when the league tourney rolled around, they choked like dogs.  It's easy to win games in January and February, but winning games that count in March takes something special ... clear that Oakland doesn't have what it takes.

In fairness that number matches Valpo's but at least we haven't put up that o-fer in our own back yard in front of thousands of our fans at a tourney site we supposedly begged for . That number is far more embarrassing for Oakland than it is for us, even when the counter-argument of "as the conference's best team  you should win regardless " is taken into account.

justducky

Quote from: ml2 on June 30, 2017, 07:19:23 PM
EddieCabot isn't just a Butler fan. He's a Butler fan whose every post is a parody of how deluded he thinks the Valpo fan base is. Eddie might actually be the person on this board who agrees the most with Grizz's opinion of Valpo and its fans. The fact that it was one of Eddie's posts that set off Grizz has to be one of the most hilarious and meta things to ever happen on this board.
To Eddie and to Grizz, please stick around and occasionally fan the flames. It is good for us and it is also top notch entertainment.  :thumbsup:  :popcorn:

As for Oakland vs Valpo in basketball, we should not turn our backs on this much mutual hate.  :crazy: This level of contempt could almost be called a rivalry.  Speaking of contempt, I can remember when I once hated Butler like that. Hopefully I will get the chance to hate the Bulldogs again before I die.

a3uge

Quote from: EddieCabot on June 30, 2017, 09:09:36 PM
Quote from: VUGrad1314 on June 30, 2017, 02:21:06 PM

I wouldn't say it's easy to win in February. Even some Big East coaches didn't win a single game in February last year.

valpotx

Quote from: EddieCabot on June 30, 2017, 09:31:35 PM
Quote from: vu72 on June 30, 2017, 01:48:31 PM

To quote David Fizdale, "Take that for data".  Anyone who has posted on this board for a while knows vu72 is rarely wrong.  I think his Chris Halvorsen = Gordon Hayward take may have been the last time he was a bit off target.  I know wh is on vacation, but wish we could get his take because his accuracy rating rivals vu72's. 

I have called you out for a few years now as being a Butler fan here to troll us, but I do have to admit that this one was funny :)
"Don't mess with Texas"