• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Monthly W-L Record Poll #2: December

Started by wh, November 30, 2017, 09:31:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What will the Crusader's W-L record be for December?

7-0
1 (2.3%)
6-1
7 (16.3%)
5-2
17 (39.5%)
4-3
16 (37.2%)
Losing record
2 (4.7%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Voting closed: December 07, 2017, 09:31:06 AM

valpotx

Only loss I am choosing is at Purdue.  Book it!
"Don't mess with Texas"

historyman

Quote from: valpotx on December 02, 2017, 09:12:57 PM

Gutsy! I went with 5-2 because we'll lose to Purdue & either Northwestern, Riverside, Santa Clara or themselves.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

VUfan

First win over Purdue Since Rick Mount Book it!! :o

VU2014

Quote from: valpotx on December 02, 2017, 09:12:57 PM

If we have a 14-1 start to the season with a win over Northwestern on the road, then you we should have our sites set on an at-large bid to begin the New Year.

VU2014

bbtds

Quote from: VU2014 on December 04, 2017, 09:16:25 AM
One of the only 13 undefeated teams in the Nation.
https://twitter.com/ncaamreview/status/937689632334020608

Whew! I thought I was never going to find the Valpo logo. Finally!

Of course my pick is Valpo.

valpotx

"Don't mess with Texas"

talksalot

Florida state won last night... still 13 undefeateds.   They play Loyola MD on Wednesday...

VULB#62

With Ball State beating ND at South Bend, the people picking 4-3 might have an edge now.  Purdue, Ball State and NU all in a row.  Tough to be up for all of them.  Hope we can pull out at least one, maybe two wins out of this three game stretch.

covufan

Unfortunately, the two pessimists were correct. >:(

>:(

justducky

Quote from: covufan on December 21, 2017, 12:35:17 PMUnfortunately, the two pessimists were correct.
Well I hate to claim the booby prize but I was one of the "losing record" voters. FieldGoodie05, David_2010, and SanityLost17 all expressed some interest in doing the same but which one of you traitors actually pulled the trigger?  ;)

78crusader

I was the other "losing record" voter. I thought we would either go 3-4 or 2-5.

Paul

VU2014

Does Vegas not have someone watching these games? Maybe if we had Joe I could buy us being a slight favorite but not right now. I think they are factoring the home court advantage at the ARC, heavily in these betting lines. Still I don't know how we could be a -1 with all the struggles over the last month.

https://twitter.com/TheStandard_MSU/status/947504093345533956

wh

Clearly, the Crusaders are a team without an identity. We started out as a self-proclaimed up-tempo team with great depth and athleticism. Now, in the aftermath of getting our butts kicked a few times and turning the ball over with amazing regularity, and as evidenced in our last game, Matt has reverted to slowing the pace way down, throwing the ball from side to side out front, and running a few slow developing plays. And, if anything, the results were worse than any game against a mid major opponent to date - not the least of which (and no one talked about) was giving up nearly 50 points in the 2nd half of a slow paced game against a very mediocre offensive team that will probably finish in the bottom 3. I can understand why Matt would try something different, but now that he tried it and it clearly failed, I hope we see an uptempo Crusaders team this afternoon. What I don't want to see is an offense that looks like it's designed for 5 slow-footed white guys with limited athleticism, when that's not our makeup.

talksalot

Take out one of the G's from an old name...

Young Guns... becomes   Young-Uns.