• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Game #12 SANTA CLARA Here we come! Dec 18 9:00 PM CST

Started by justducky, December 16, 2017, 11:24:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbtds

Quote from: hailcrusaders on December 18, 2017, 11:05:36 PMFauxmer Drew on Twitter suggested (via another follower) that we put a silhouette of the Chapel on our court much like SC did theirs. He tagged LaBarbera in the tweet, and MLB favorited it, for what that's worth. Could that idea get any serious traction?

Only if we can get Broadway Cafe in the foreground.  ;D  ;)

historyman

Quote from: justducky on December 16, 2017, 11:24:53 AM
OK. I'll try my hand at opening a game thread, but don't blame me if this trend continues.   :whiteflag:

Congratulations! An excellent game thread opening! You should start the next one until things go south and we blame you for all of VU MBB's issues.   :)
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

valpo04

Quote from: covufan on December 18, 2017, 10:54:53 AM
Back on winning track.  There will be no gifts for this Santa.

Valpo   76
S Clara 67

It looks like you are the winner.  :thumbsup:

Valpo13

Markus Golder with another really productive game.  Since the Purdue debacle Golder is 10-21 from the field, 5-6 from 3PT, and 5-6 from the FT line.  He attacks the basket and seems to get after it defensively and he's only a sophomore.

underdawg

a3uge

Quote from: underdawg on December 19, 2017, 07:35:48 AM
Any away win is a good win--should help rpi
Technically *any* win helps RPI vs the alternative.

valporun

Quote from: a3uge on December 18, 2017, 09:03:46 PM
Quote from: agibson on December 18, 2017, 08:55:49 PM
Quote from: agibson on December 16, 2017, 08:20:29 PM
It looks like it'll be available streaming, but you'll have to sign up for a 7 day free trial.

https://watchstadium.com/network/wcc-network/
is the link that works best for me, where the broadcast is labeled Premium which is described at
https://watchstadium.com/stadium-plus-event/?play_request=https%3A%2F%2Fwatchstadium.com%2Flive%2F113200

On the plus side, you've got until 9 PM central, on Monday, to figure it out.

Looks like it's a free stream after all
http://www.wccsports.com/gamecenter/m-baskbl/gc-121817-sacl.html

Which is good, because the user interface for the other page was pretty horrible.
Argh no Chromecast support?

I could get it on my tv using Chromecast, but I think my laptop struggles to connect with it sometimes, and provide a good view of a game or show.

agibson

Quote from: hckjag on December 18, 2017, 09:48:14 PM
Quote from: oklahomamick on December 18, 2017, 09:33:59 PM
Streaming goes blank after 30 seconds.  Have to refresh constantly

I had a choppy stream the first 2 minutes of game action and it's been smooth and crystal clear for me ever since. Not sure what would be causing your issues

Once I figured out that it was free, my feed was solid.

I blame the horrible (albeit soft) rhythmic noise (sort of like an electronic drum kit snare) on the (lack of a?) sound engineer.

valpo84

For awhile I thought that noise was Aaron typing the next game's notes on a selectric! Had that old press row feel to it.  Maybe Paul was trying to beat a deadline? 8-)
"Christmas is for presents, March is for Championships." Denny Crum

valpo84

BTW, if the group of fans that the team pointed to at the end of the game, in the bottom right corner of screen was the Valpo contingent, then we travel well.  Great showing--maybe more than SC had there!
"Christmas is for presents, March is for Championships." Denny Crum

M

I like Hazen coming off the bench. I think he just isn't ready for the caliber that he was facing as a starter.  He had a nice game last night.  The whole bench shot great from the field (the free throw line....not so much).  Hoping for another win on this trip then get Walker back for the conference season.  Ready to see the team back at home!

a3uge

Quote from: M on December 19, 2017, 10:08:52 AM
I like Hazen coming off the bench. I think he just isn't ready for the caliber that he was facing as a starter.  He had a nice game last night.  The whole bench shot great from the field (the free throw line....not so much).  Hoping for another win on this trip then get Walker back for the conference season.  Ready to see the team back at home!

This doesn't include last night's stats, but Hazen had the 5th worst PER in the entire country among players with at least 100 minutes played. I'm not sure I've seen a less productive starter. I think he has to prove himself as a capable backup still. He had a few moments last night - probabably more moments than the rest of the year combined. I still thought he looked lost playing zone defense. SC had a few easy baskets after he got lost.

M

I didn't watch the game, listened to most of it on the radio so I'm mostly just going off the stat line.  I probably should have put that in my original statement.  For sure, he is still a work in progress.

bigmosmithfan1

Good win, but...

QuoteAnother 54% night from the free throw line. 

Virgil. Sweet. Method. For the whole team... now. FT shooting is not hard. (It's not. It's 100 percent mechanics and repetition).

VU2014

Anyone else see the bench when Parker got those 2 points? The bench jumped up and were visibly very happy for him. Everyone knows its been a struggle to start the season for him. I though last night was by far his best game even if he didn't fill up the stat sheet. I played hard and played some good defense last night. When your in a rut its the small victories that can help boost confidence. I've heard the kid is a work horse, which is nice to hear.

vu72

Quote from: VU2014 on December 19, 2017, 01:26:41 PM
Anyone else see the bench when Parker got those 2 points? The bench jumped up and were visibly very happy for him. Everyone knows its been a struggle to start the season for him. I though last night was by far his best game even if he didn't fill up the stat sheet. I played hard and played some good defense last night. When your in a rut its the small victories that can help boost confidence. I've heard the kid is a work horse, which is nice to hear.

And we fans appreciate your hard work and defense!  And we didn't think players posted on this board!   ;)
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

VU2014

Quote from: vu72 on December 19, 2017, 01:30:48 PM
Quote from: VU2014 on December 19, 2017, 01:26:41 PM

And we fans appreciate your hard work and defense!  And we didn't think players posted on this board!   ;)

He* haha. I need more coffee

agibson

Quote from: valpo84 on December 19, 2017, 09:59:54 AM
BTW, if the group of fans that the team pointed to at the end of the game, in the bottom right corner of screen was the Valpo contingent, then we travel well.  Great showing--maybe more than SC had there!

There were 55 registered for the alumni event. More than in Savannah.

(And I can imagine that there were more in attendance than registered through the Alumni Association.)

historyman

Quote from: valpo04 on December 19, 2017, 07:13:59 AM
Quote from: covufan on December 18, 2017, 10:54:53 AM
Back on winning track.  There will be no gifts for this Santa.

Valpo   76
S Clara 67

It looks like you are the winner.  :thumbsup:

Tell us, Mr. Announcer, what covufan has won.

Is it...............................

No!

Is it............................$10,000?

NO!It's a new car!

Yes, this brand new toy car made of wood is all yours!
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

VU2014

https://twitter.com/PostTribSports/status/943291002986598400

Derrik Smits helps Valparaiso top Santa Clara to end three-game skid
Michael Osipoff
Post-Tribune
December 19, 2017

When Valparaiso arrived in California, the Crusaders had two tougher-than-usual practices in close proximity to Monday night's game at Santa Clara.

"We wanted to challenge our guys to get better, to be better," Valparaiso coach Matt Lottich said.

The Crusaders responded, halting a three-game losing streak with a 76-68 win against the Broncos.

Valparaiso (9-3) led by as many as 17 points, but Santa Clara (3-8) closed to three before the Crusaders steadied at the end.

"We defended pretty well in the first half and they got into a rhythm in the second half," Lottich said. "It got to a point our guys just had to start making some plays and they did."

........... http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/post-tribune/sports/ct-ptb-mens-basketball-valparaiso-santa-clara-st-1220-20171219-story.html

wh

Quote from: wh on December 17, 2017, 11:41:51 AM
The level of gloom and doom on this board is ridiculous. If we can't beat a crappy 3-7 team on the road, then look for us to lose every game home and away from now til Tevonn gets back. If he doesn't come back, then pencil 8-22, or whatever.

We just lost by 1 point to a good Ball State on their court on a shot that that B.S. piss ant wouldn't normally hit more than 2 times out of 10 from that range under that kind of pressure.

We're not going to lay an egg in Santa Clara, California. We're going to lay an egg in Riverside, California.

There, I fixed it for me.  ;)