• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo Basketball Festivus (Dec. 23): Airing of Grievances

Started by VU2014, December 23, 2017, 02:41:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VU2014

In celebration of Festivus, I invite you to air your grievances about anything to do with Valpo Basketball. After your done airing your grievances you must say 1 thing about the program/athletics department you are grateful for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HX55AzGku5Y

VU2014

My Grievances:
-Parking situation around the ARC
-Sound system in the ARC
-Lack of Chairbacks surrounding the lower bowl of the court
-Watching Valpo's half-court offense this season
-turnovers. turnovers. turnovers.

Grateful for:
-Our Coaching Staff for cultivating a tight knit team that has over come an extraordinary amount of adversity/bad luck over the course of the last 20 months or so. Many programs wouldn't be able to meet the challenges these last few teams have.
-Athletics Department Staff for securing us an invite to the one of/if not the best Mid-Major Conferences in the Country. I know it was a lot of work with the transitioning of conferences and I am extremely grateful for all they have done. We are all blessed to be in the Valley.
-The Drew Family for building a program from the ground up. Without the Drew's we wouldn't be the successful program that we are today.

VU2014

Also one additional thing I'm grateful for:
-Paul Oren and Michael Osipoff's coverage of our team is 1st class and we are beyond lucky to have 2 amazing beat guys for our team. Paul is always right on top of every story and Union Street Hoops is an amazing podcast that offer great insight into what's happening with our team every week.

crusadermoe

Grievances: 
The UC-Riverside performance.  I can live with the others as Big 10 teams without TeVonn.   UCR was disgusting.
The little gripes week to week are small in the big picture

Thankful:
LaBarbera -gaining entry to the MVC
LaBarbera - signing Lottich, a young improving coach with values who attended Stanford. Gives him recruiting creds

M

My grievances: keeping guys eligible the last couple of years and our half court offense

Grateful for: local recruiting, staff/faculty (and their families) free entry