• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

At UNI Saturday, January 13, 7pm on ESPN2

Started by M, January 11, 2018, 01:37:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nkvu

Quote from: FWalum on January 13, 2018, 08:06:13 PM
Is Micah Bradford becoming the new Eric Buggs? I can see teams just letting him shoot it all he wants.  A real mystery to me how a high school lights out shooter can suddenly completely lose his touch.

I wonder if he should get his vision tested. The basket does not seem to be where he thinks it is.

crusadermoe

Where is Sorolla ?    Did I miss something?

a3uge

Surprise, the same ineffective lineup that started the game has trouble scoring to start the second half. How many times is Lottich going to make the same mistake?

NativeCheesehead

Transition year. I get it. But boy do I hate watching us get our butts kicked like this.

SanityLost17

I have watched a lot of Valpo games.  This is the 1st time where I am legitimately embarrassed to be a fan of this team.

a3uge

Quote from: crusadermoe on January 13, 2018, 08:16:06 PM
Where is Sorolla ?    Did I miss something?
He got 2 fouls so he was disqualified from playing the rest of the first half. I think it's a new rule.

M

Looks like my reign of terror starting game threads is coming to an end tonight.

vufan75

Quote from: NativeCheesehead on January 13, 2018, 08:22:14 PM
Transition year. I get it. But boy do I hate watching us get our butts kicked like this.
For some reason lately for the big network  tv games we play poorly. And UNI though not setting the world on fire tonite either is desperate for a W.

Live by the 3 and look good when they drop but really bad when they don't.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

oklahomamick

We double team and end up with our pants down every time. 
CRUSADERS!!!

a3uge

Quote from: SanityLost17 on January 13, 2018, 08:22:38 PM
I have watched a lot of Valpo games.  This is the 1st time where I am legitimately embarrassed to be a fan of this team.
Embarrassed... Eh, every team in the MVC has had embarrassing moments this year. UNI is 0-5 and lost to SIU at home. Missouri State lost to ORAL ROBERTS. Loyola lost to UW-Milwaukee by 17 (And UWM had lost to a D2 school by double digits)! Those are veteran teams that were expected to be very competitive. We're a young team that was projected to be somewhere in the middle, playing with Horizon League recruits.

wh

We were out scored 9-3 and 12-2 in the first 5 minutes of the 2 halves, respectively. So unprepared to compete coming out of the locker room.

oklahomamick

1st time to watch uni and I'm impressed.  How are they 0-5 in conference?  Especially with those quality out of conference wins.
CRUSADERS!!!

covufan

Quote from: wh on January 13, 2018, 08:31:37 PM
We were out scored 9-3 and 12-2 in the first 5 minutes of the 2 halves, respectively. So unprepared to compete coming out of the locker room.
Bob knight used to say the most important minutes are the first five in each half

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FWalum

This team is an attitude and emotional roller coaster. Pouting when things don't go our way looking down and defeated on the bench and then just the opposite when something positive happens, then we're over the top. I think Matt needs to get things evened out attitude wise.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

a3uge

I think it's clear Valpo doesn't match up well with teams that have good interior defense, and a couple of 3 pt shooters.

valpotx

Our team commits the dumbest fouls.  When will Markus Golder learn not to jump out at a jump shot 3 pointer?  He has done that in 4 of the last 5 games.  Why is our program the only one that seems to foul 3 point shooters?  I only remember Missouri State doing that to us last year, but can't remember it happening very often in our favor over the last 5 years, yet we do it like 10+ times each season. 

Also, why is Bradford allowed to shoot more than 5 times?  He cannot hit a shot.  I would rather have Sorolla attempt another 3, versus see Bradford take another 3 for the rest of the year.  He is nowhere near the basket...
"Don't mess with Texas"

VUME

Since moving far away from the midwest I have had few chances to watch Valpo this season. As such the only games I have been able to watch have been these blowout games.

While I am overall very disappointed with this seasons level of play and coaching, the one thing I have consistently seen is how much Max Joseph continues to hustle. 

Max has been the only reason I have not turned the tv off in disgust. He is a great leader and represents the type of player I hope to see more of at Valpo in the future.

VUSWIM08-12

hell of an effort at the end of the game, finally had a game we didn't quit when down. 19-3 run, still down 6

oklahomamick

When we play uni at home we play small and press.
CRUSADERS!!!

VUGrad1314

I'm okay with this. We can build on that finish.

jloose128

Half an hour ago I did not expect that this would end up being a five point game, I think I feel better?

valpospartan

nkvu

Well, they didn't quit. We hit a few 3s in the first half and Bradford hits a couple of free throws and we could have pulled this one out

Oh, and Max got jobbed on that last foul. But we had two shots within 3 feet and couldn't get either to drop so....

a3uge

Wow, UNI needed a Herculean effort by the refs to prevent that meltdown. It's clear Valpo needs to play WAY more small-ball, and that every team needs to just pressure UNI because they still haven't figured out how to handle it since that A&M meltdown in the NCAA tournament a couple years ago.

valpopal

Three quick notes:

1) Valpo made their big run with five of the most aggressive players on the court. That should be the lesson to everyone on the team.

2) At some point, Lottich needs to get a Technical Foul from the officials to gain some respect. That last call against Joseph was terrible, and whenever a call can go either way, it seems Valpo gets the short end of the stick.

3) Former starter Hazen did not even touch the court, even when Valpo was behind by more than 20 points. Again, he is absent from the boxscore. Something is odd here.