• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Recruiting: 2015

Started by LaPorteAveApostle, April 17, 2013, 07:50:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpopal

Big man Seth Adelsperger has committed to Belmont. Sorry to lose out on him.

LaPorteAveApostle

Double that here.  Ensmingers don't grow on trees :(

Still plenty of time to change your mind, Seth!
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

covufan

Quote from: valpopal on July 27, 2014, 08:48:36 PM
Big man Seth Adelsperger has committed to Belmont. Sorry to lose out on him.
We need to now start recruiting another big.  The Belmont staff must have really recruited him hard. 

LaPorteAveApostle

Quote from: covufan on July 28, 2014, 12:50:16 PMThe Belmont staff must have really recruited him hard.
No doubt...especially considering we're just an hour and a half away.  Belmont?  ...hop a plane, parents.  Or enjoy the 12-hour round trip.
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

historyman

Quote from: LaPorteAveApostle on July 28, 2014, 04:00:00 PM
Quote from: covufan on July 28, 2014, 12:50:16 PMThe Belmont staff must have really recruited him hard.
No doubt...especially considering we're just an hour and a half away.  Belmont?  ...hop a plane, parents.  Or enjoy the 12-hour round trip.

We're going to Nashville for the Thanksgiving Challenge in Music City tournament. With the 12 hours driving round trip this doesn't seem like such a horrible trip. We may even stop at Hinkle Fieldhouse on the way to break up the trip.

Actually, I have a road trip to Washington DC planned for August and I'm thinking of some stops along the way. I'm hearing the Flight 93 Memorial in rural Pennsylvania is worth the slight detour. Anybody seen it?
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

justducky

I think the loss of Mac Mercer? (2014 Plymouth HS) to Belmont was the greater loss, and might have influenced this kids decision towards that direction. At this point even a big man project type player might be a welcome addition.

LaPorteAveApostle

Really?  Are they tight?  I know Mack and Clay Yeo were tight and I'm sorry that didn't have more effect on him; although that didn't end up working out either.

covufan

Quote from: justducky on July 30, 2014, 04:26:19 PM
I think the loss of Mac Mercer? (2014 Plymouth HS) to Belmont was the greater loss, and might have influenced this kids decision towards that direction. At this point even a big man project type player might be a welcome addition.
Whomever on the Belmont staff that is in charge of recruiting Indiana is doing quite a job.  Keeping Adelsperger and Mercer from Valpo, among other Indiana instituitions, is quite the sales pitch, given the commute for family, etc.

vusupporter

[tweet]500251205017542656[/tweet]

valpo84

About the 3d Off Set he showed that he should be good getting called for the HL moving pick, so he's got that going for him. Didn't see any mid-range jumpers. Lots of left hand around basket. Shoots FTs RH. Should be solid player and contributor. Didn't really see anything up and down the court. Seems to understand game. Small sample size.
"Christmas is for presents, March is for Championships." Denny Crum

wh

LaPorteAveApostle

wh, I've found that you can embed simply by taking the "s" out of "https", like so:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSeuuOEm4m4#t=12

wh

FWalum

Really liked what I saw in the second video. Nice angles, decent footwork, good left hand and a soft shot.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

historyman

I'm sure some of our former players think there is No(r)way he is good enough for VALPO and that he should Finnish his education in Scandinavia.  :-[  ;)

"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

bbtds

Quote from: vusupporter on August 19, 2014, 03:21:28 PM
Johannes Dolvan PF is currently travelling to Drake and Valaparaiso via........

He's not coming to Valpo. He's going to Valapo.

You know I could understand that mistake if the writer were No(r)waygian.

valpopal

PG Devin Cannady, who had an offer from Valpo, has committed to Princeton. Though a very good player, I don't think that's much of a loss since the Crusaders will need big men as recruits next year.

historyman

Quote from: valpopal on August 19, 2014, 10:41:13 PMPG Devin Cannady, who had an offer from Valpo, has committed to Princeton. Though a very good player, I don't think that's much of a loss since the Crusaders will need big men as recruits next year.

And we have enough Cannadians on the team already, aaaaaaaahh?

valpotx

Oh heck yes, let's get a Norwegian at Valpo!  I would love to have the Motherland representing on my college team :)
"Don't mess with Texas"

bbtds

Quote from: historyman on August 19, 2014, 11:51:41 PM
Quote from: valpopal on August 19, 2014, 10:41:13 PMPG Devin Cannady, who had an offer from Valpo, has committed to Princeton. Though a very good player, I don't think that's much of a loss since the Crusaders will need big men as recruits next year.

And we have enough Cannadians on the team already, aaaaaaaahh?

Yes, we knew the Cannadian would be more likely to have loyalty to Princeton then a school related to krauts. Although the new Duchess of Cambridge is quite a looker. Does the Princess spend much time with her son, the third in line? 

LaPorteAveApostle

Actually kind of have to give Hutton props for this one:

http://posttrib.suntimes.com/sports/29584632-556/hutton-wait-before-you-tweet.html#.VAKH2EugEkF

QuoteDavon Dillard. Dillard's mother, Kaliah Baker, broke the news to me that Dillard was going to La Lumiere. Dillard's mother wanted him to go to La Lumiere. I'm convinced of that. The coaches wanted him to go. Their assistant coach, Brad Johnstin, re-tweeted the story after we posted it.

A funny thing happened after the story went up online. I got a call from someone affiliated with the program asking us to soften the part of the story that described a fight that Dillard was involved in at Bowman. He was a good kid and he didn't deserve to have that hanging over him.

We agreed on the fact he was a good kid, but we left it (the incident) in. It was at the bottom, it was two lines and it essentially was for context as to why he might've been leaving.

I got another curious call later from someone else. Dillard's admission to La Lumiere could be in jeopardy because of that story, which for the most part just detailed the reasons for his move. Please reconsider removing the line.

We didn't.

Turns out, that while the La Lumiere coaches wanted him to go, there were reservations from other school personnel about his qualifications for admission.

He never admitted.

Do I feel badly for him? Yes, but I hold the coaches at La Lumiere responsible. They needed to be up front with him and his mother about potential complications with the process.

I wonder--does this mean he tucks tail and heads back to Bowman?  And is this really something/someone Bryce wants to get involved in?!?

vu72

Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

VULB#62

LAA beat you to this in a separate thread back on August 22. But good to see the valpo Athletics story confirming it.

vu72

Quote from: VULB#62 on September 02, 2014, 06:27:44 PM
LAA beat you to this in a separate thread back on August 22. But good to see the valpo Atletics story confirming it.

Well, I hate losing to LAA, but he didn't scoop the official announcement did he??   ;)
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

LaPorteAveApostle

While I appreciate the thought, it was actually vufan75, right?

hang on i'll check...

yep

http://www.valpofanzone.com/forum/index.php?topic=1898.0