• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

2014-15 let's be real

Started by stephengries, March 08, 2014, 12:35:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephengries

2014-15

Carter.
Peters.
Nickerson. Maybe
Fernandez. Hopefully

Say what you will.. Carter's got what it takes.
We need 4 and 5.

Yeah yeo has his role too but can only be as good as his team allows him to be... On any team...

Valpofan00

We win it all this year if we find a decent post player, doesn't even have to be good

milanmiracle

Being "real" isn't exactly a strength of this forum.  :lol:
"Tragedy is losing 86-7 and then having ESPN calling the press box and asking if the score is actually correct." - pgmado

LaPorteAveApostle

Quote from: milanmiracle on March 08, 2014, 12:22:18 PMBeing "real" isn't exactly a strength of this forum.
Whoops!  You meant to post this on the Butler forum.

We all get confused at times.
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

historyman

Quote from: milanmiracle on March 08, 2014, 12:22:18 PMBeing "real" isn't exactly a strength of this forum.  :lol:
That is an astute observation! Even though most of the posters won't acknowledge it. I'm sure La Porte will try and dismiss this comment with another light hearted joke but it rings way too true.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

StlVUFan

Quote from: historyman on March 08, 2014, 02:27:27 PM
Quote from: milanmiracle on March 08, 2014, 12:22:18 PMBeing "real" isn't exactly a strength of this forum.  :lol:
That is an astute observation! Even though most of the posters won't acknowledge it. I'm sure La Porte will try and dismiss this comment with another light hearted joke but it rings way too true.
It's also not a requirement.

LaPorteAveApostle

All right, then:  Define "real".
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

humbleopinion

If we remember that this this is the "fan" zone and that fan is short for fanatic, we can certainly be expected to have a tangential grasp on reality.  I delight in it!  I also keep it in mind it whenever I read the posts.
Beamin' Beacons

usc4valpo

they will be better next year - the upper class talent was not there.  We need an aircraft carrier from LIthuania and we'll be set!!!!

valpospartan

Quote from: humbleopinion on March 08, 2014, 03:41:51 PM
If we remember that this this is the "fan" zone and that fan is short for fanatic, we can certainly be expected to have a tangential grasp on reality.  I delight in it!  I also keep it in mind it whenever I read the posts.

"tangential grasp on reality".   I love it!   :clap: