• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Bracketology

Started by oklahomamick, November 04, 2016, 12:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brycepeters

Green Bay has now taken over the 15 seed on ESPN taking on Louisville in Indy.

Valpo projected as a 7 seed in the NIT Oakland an 8.

Will be interesting if NKU would get a CBI or CIT invite if they don't win it all or if Green Bay or Wright St would.

Any chance if Valpo is left out of the NIT they try the Vegas 16? They've already done the CIT/CBI thing.

We all know how much Valpo likes neutral site games ;)

M

I will be shocked if they get an NIT invite, but I do think whatever tournament they get an invite to they should take.

I also think NKU, Green Bay and Wright State should get invites to the post season.

VULB#62

USAToday -- NKU #15 vs Florida State in the East.

brycepeters

Cbssports has gb a 15 against Kentucky that would be a bloodbath

Surprised usatoday made a prediction as usually for bracketology they are lazy and just put the highest remaining seed as the representative

I like Nku too but if they face gb I think you gotta go with their experience

justducky

Quote from: M on March 05, 2017, 10:54:05 AMI will be shocked if they get an NIT invite, but I do think whatever tournament they get an invite to they should take.
The cat is now out of the bag and any coach with half a brain now knows how to defend what is left of this team.

Consider our remaining weapons--------   #1 We play 4 undersized guards. 6'2" or less
                                                         #2 We play 2 oversized centers with 8' max shooting ranges.
                                                         #3 We play 3 forwards only 1 of which can reliably drive or shoot from distance. And that all folks!

If we get an NIT bid they will be ignoring our March team to look only at our OOC record.

Could Matt reformulate a winning attack? Well against a man defense he might try a double low post (Jay and Derrik) with Shane back at the point. That would be a scrapping of our offensive scheme to test the waters of the unknown. Even if it worked any good coach would quickly switch to zone taking us back to square one. BUT next year as our bigs develop Matt should do some experimenting. We have 2 of the highest potential HL centers ever and we will need to create ways to place both on the floor simultaneously. 40 total minutes played will not be enough. A combined 48 to 52 minute target would be better. 

VULB#62

I thought it was interesting that in the last few minutes Tevonn was posting up way down low.

What happened to Jay's post up and shallow hook in the last few games?

M

They couldn't get the ball to Jay due to the defense being played. I was surprised by how bad we looked considering how not bad we looked the previous two games.

oklahomamick

CRUSADERS!!!