• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Horizon League Basketball Talk

Started by VU2014, March 29, 2017, 03:31:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VU2014

Just a thread to discuss anything about Horizon League Basketball.

VU2014

http://www.tribtoday.com/sports/ysu-sports/2017/03/penguins-taking-steps-to-hire-new-coach/

An interesting article Horizon League Basketball Salaries:

*I didn't know Nagy was making that much $ at WSU. Thats a big chunk of change of MM school.

*How much do we think Lottich is making? How much $ are we saving by taking Bryce and Homer's salaries off the books and where is that $ going? Where would it be best spent?

- Wright State's first-year coach Scott Nagy started with $500,000, according to the Dayton Daily News;

- The Tennessean said current Vanderbilt coach Bryce Drew, who signed a seven-year deal in 2013, made $340,958 at Valparaiso, according to tax returns. Since then, Drew took over the Commodores program with his former assistant Matt Lottich being promoted last season. The base salary is unknown due to Valparaiso being a private university, which is likely lower than the aforementioned amount;

- The Green Bay Press Gazette stated when coach Linc Darner took over the Green Bay Phoenix program in 2015, he had a $230,000 base salary;

- The University of Illinois Board of Trustees Meeting notes from September 2015 said UIC coach Steve McClain started around $375,000;

- New coach LaVall Jordan at Milwaukee started at $350,000, according to the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel;

- Another first-year coach, Detroit's Bacari Alexander, had a starting salary between $450,000-475,000, according to the Detroit Free Press;

- Gary Waters, who retired the same time Slocum did in early March, had a base salary of $340,000 with a seven-year contract extension in 2012, according to the News Herald in Willoughby;

- According to a Northern Kentucky Staff Congress event in October 2015, Norse second-year coach John Brannan started with a salary of $190,000."

VULB#62

IMO This string is posted under the wrong forum topic.  We have an entire forum topic devoted to the Horizon League.  It's called "On the Horizon."  Can you repost, 2014?

BTW, Here's Oren's Tweet that is the source of the link:

[tweet]847149085329178639[/tweet]

VU2014

Sorry didn't mean to not give credit to Paul for the retweet, honest mistake. If you haven't notice I share A LOT of what he tweets on the message boards.

You must think I do this a lot or plagiarize thoughts I guess... 

VU2014

https://twitter.com/PantherU/status/847207315761770496

Great resource for keeping track of scholarships/rosters/transfers/Recruits in the Horizon League:

http://imgur.com/gallery/6F3pj

VULB#62

Quote from: VU2014 on March 29, 2017, 06:09:37 PM
Sorry didn't mean to not give credit to Paul for the retweet, honest mistake. If you haven't notice I share A LOT of what he tweets on the message boards.

You must think I do this a lot or plagiarize thoughts I guess...

Not at all.  And, yes, you do a ton of Twitter inserts. We all get excited about stuff and, like all social media (and I include our forum in that category) in general the desire to get a message out quickly sometimes results in things like this. My Tweet was intended to just get the source on record, not slam you. But I still think we need to move this to On The Horizon  ;)