• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Ryan Fazekas (NWI Native) is Transferring to Valpo!!!

Started by VU2014, April 23, 2017, 02:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oklahomamick

Quote from: justducky on April 23, 2017, 08:32:30 PMWait! That gives us a red shirt junior from Chesterton, and sophomores from Noblesville and Zionsville. OK and we have freshmen coming in from Merrillville and Columbia City. And, and and we are recruiting kids from Newburgh, South Bend and Terre Haute? Whats wrong with this picture? Aren't all of these towns in Indiana?  :thumbsup: We have gone entire decades with fewer than half this many hoosier kids even showing up for a recruiting visit. Is Matt seeing something here that Bryce was blind to? Hoosier kids coming to an Indiana school! What is this world coming to?  :o

I hope we don't forget the Chicago Kids that have been so good for us.  We have had a lot of special players from the city.  I know that was Powell expertise. 
CRUSADERS!!!

wh

Have the Crusaders ever had 2 former IN HS All-Stars on a roster before?  If they did, I don't remember it. By the way Parker Hazen was a Junior All-Star. It's conceivable that we could have 3 IN HS All-Stars on the same roster.

bbtds

vu72

Quote from: wh on April 26, 2017, 08:31:14 AM
Have the Crusaders ever had 2 former IN HS All-Stars on a roster before?  If they did, I don't remember it. By the way Parker Hazen was a Junior All-Star. It's conceivable that we could have 3 IN HS All-Stars on the same roster.

Parker could make it but there are a lot of bigs ranked in the state.  IndyStar has him rated the #15 player in the state.  Can't seem to locate other ranking services.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

VU2014

Quote from: vu72 on April 26, 2017, 11:18:12 AM

Parker could make it but there are a lot of bigs ranked in the state.  IndyStar has him rated the #15 player in the state.  Can't seem to locate other ranking services.

I'm not a native from Indiana and I watch hardly any Indiana HS Basketball but I've heard the voting on the Indiana HS Allstar is pretty political and people voting for "their guy".

zvillehaze

Quote from: vu72 on April 26, 2017, 11:18:12 AM

The team was named a few weeks ago ... Hazen wasn't included.  Mr. Basketball winner will be named tomorrow.

bigmosmithfan1

Yes, it's always been political and most of the voters are from in/around Indy, so it always skews heavily to that part of the state. Good players from the Region, Ft. Wayne, Evansville area and Kentuckiana are regularly overlooked.

covufan

Yes! 
In 1989 Casey Schmidt was an All-Star.  In 1994 Bryce was an All-Star.

In 1998 Greg Tonagel was an All-Star.  In 2002 Seth Colclasure was an Indiana All-Star, and in 2003 Kenny Harris was an All-Star.  They were on a few teams together.

Brandon McPherson was an All-Star in 2005.  He and Seth were on the 2005-6 team, which unfortunately did not have Kenny Harris.

A forgetful year with McPherson and Bryan Bouchie in 2007-8 (Bouchie transferring, not McPherson's play).

Clay Yeo was an All-Star in 2013.  Fazekas and Smits in 2015.  Unfortunately, Hazen is not on the 2017 All-Star roster.

VU2014

Valpo89

Too good for Valpo? Guess Carron J. Phillips thought he was too good for Michigan City so he moved "up" in the world to Delaware. Awesome.

valpotx

He's a nobody.

Edit:  Also, I assume that he played at Morehouse College?  That is D-2, so it isn't like he was a world-beater.  I hate people that claim the, 'I played, did you' card.  It is usually people who underachieved. 
"Don't mess with Texas"

FieldGoodie05

Quote from: Valpo89 on April 26, 2017, 01:47:18 PM
Too good for Valpo? Guess Carron J. Phillips thought he was too good for Michigan City so he moved "up" in the world to Delaware. Awesome.

Irregardless of the hurt feelings, he reports for a small market and we are a small university. Have some mutual respect.

We both have the very same constraints on our resources and to see something like this when everybody involved is happy for Ryan coming to VU is just unnecessary. 

We all have missteps and maybe it's time for him to admit his own here.

a3uge

Quote from: VU2014 on April 26, 2017, 01:42:39 PM
It hurts my Soul that a Publication pays this idiot for his thoughts on sports....  :crazy:

https://twitter.com/carronJphillips/status/857277250001096705
What a hack. He should hang out with that reporter from Fort Wayne.

bbtds

Quote from: bigmosmithfan1 on April 26, 2017, 11:59:51 AM
Yes, it's always been political and most of the voters are from in/around Indy, so it always skews heavily to that part of the state. Good players from the Region, Ft. Wayne, Evansville area and Kentuckiana are regularly overlooked.

That is one view--the other is that the central part of the state does have better players. Names like Conley, Teague, Hayward, Hill, etc. ring any NBA bells? Name four players in the NBA off the top of your head from the other parts of Indiana.

swiftmutiny

Quote from: bbtds on April 27, 2017, 01:00:24 AM
Quote from: bigmosmithfan1 on April 26, 2017, 11:59:51 AM

That is one view--the other is that the central part of the state does have better players. Names like Conley, Teague, Hayward, Hill, etc. ring any NBA bells? Name four players in the NBA off the top of your head from the other parts of Indiana.

Glen Robinson III, Miles Plumlee, Mason Plumlee, and... Marshall Plumlee? That's all I've got.  :lol:

crusader05

E'twuan Moore, GRIII, GR Jr, Mitch McGary, Bryce Drew :)

M

wh

Quote from: crusader05 on April 27, 2017, 08:25:02 AM
E'twuan Moore, GRIII, GR Jr, Mitch McGary, Bryce Drew :)
Quote from: M on April 27, 2017, 08:28:17 AM
You forgot Robbie Hummel

Hummel, Moore, McGary and Robinson were all in the NBA in 2015.

agibson

Trying my whole Martin Luther "best construction" angle the best I can do is that he may have had friends, or contacts, or heroes or what not in Bristol and have been shaken up by the ESPN layoffs.

a3uge

Well, he's not even good enough to get laid off by ESPN. #burn

bbtds

Quote from: agibson on April 27, 2017, 07:59:09 PM
Trying my whole Martin Luther "best construction" angle the best I can do is that he may have had friends, or contacts, or heroes or what not in Bristol and have been shaken up by the ESPN layoffs.

Did you beat yourself before hand so as to punish yourself for your sin of agreeing with an "idiotic" fan?

agibson

Oh, I'm not agreeing with him. Just trying to understand his hating and Twitter posturing.