• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Poll: What's the % chance Valpo will be in the MVC for the 17-18 or 18-19season?

Started by VU2014, April 24, 2017, 01:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poll: % chance Valpo will be in the MVC for the 2017-18 or 2018-19 season? (April 24)

100%   (its a done deal)
90%   (highly likely)
80%   (feeling confident)
70%   (Yes?)
60%   (cautiously optimistic)
50%   (it could go either way)  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
40%   (decent chance but I don't trust MH or the Board to seal the deal)
30%   (Possible but lots of other schools in the mix)
20%   (still feeling burned from the last time around when Loyola went instead of us)
10%   (glimmer of hope)
0%   (No Chance we're going to MVC)

bigmosmithfan1

If we get an invite: 100%. If we don't get an invite: 0%. Math, ladies and gents!

VULB#62

The MVCFANS board is heavily trending toward inviting only 2 schools (MuSU and Valpo) and waiting on a 12th member, if that is any indication or affects anyone's assessment.

UNIFTW

If invited I have a hard time imagining it wouldn't be for this coming season.

You're a lame duck if it's not. The Horizon (and OVC) would make you inellgible for the automatic bid. It would strip you of your shares owed for next year. You're ONLY chance would be an at-large, and be honest - is that going to happen?

At least in the MVC next year you'd have a shot at the auto.

VU2014

Quote from: UNIFTW on April 24, 2017, 02:59:05 PM
If invited I have a hard time imagining it wouldn't be for this coming season.

You're a lame duck if it's not. The Horizon (and OVC) would make you inellgible for the automatic bid. It would strip you of your shares owed for next year. You're ONLY chance would be an at-large, and be honest - is that going to happen?

At least in the MVC next year you'd have a shot at the auto.

Yep chances would be against us in getting an outright right bid next year.

Half the battle of getting an out-right bid as a mid-major is extreme difficulty in scheduling good OOC opponents. Then the you also have to overcome the blatant P6 bias of the NCAA Selection Committee. There is always a chance but the Committee almost makes mid-majors run the table these days and teams have no margin for error (bad losses).

elephtheria47

I'm bumping my initial 60% up to 90%, and thats only because you never know what 9 university presidents will do when they get together

wh

Quote from: elephtheria47 on May 04, 2017, 03:09:11 PM
I'm bumping my initial 60% up to 90%, and thats only because you never know what 9 university presidents will do when they get together

...especially 9 university presidents who only 48 months ago were fooled by a boat anchor disguised as a progressive university with a strong commitment to athletics.

4throwfan

Just replying to UNIFTW's comment about NCAA tournament next year.  He comments that we have a chance at an auto bid in the MVC next year (if we're in the MVC).  I thought that NCAA rules were that transferring teams are ineligible for NCAA tournament for a year.  Hoping someone correctly tells me that I'm wrong.

UNIFTW

justducky

Quote from: wh on May 04, 2017, 03:25:55 PM...especially 9 university presidents who only 48 months ago were fooled by a boat anchor disguised as a progressive university with a strong commitment to athletics.

Yes but they have been a progressive boat anchor and you shouldn't try to unmoor them from their chosen position.

oklahomamick

Quote from: bsmith21 on May 04, 2017, 04:57:21 PM
Quote from: 4throwfan on May 04, 2017, 04:05:08 PMJust replying to UNIFTW's comment about NCAA tournament next year.  He comments that we have a chance at an auto bid in the MVC next year (if we're in the MVC).  I thought that NCAA rules were that transferring teams are ineligible for NCAA tournament for a year.  Hoping someone correctly tells me that I'm wrong.
Your wrong. Butler made it their one year in the A-10. Maryland made it their first year in the Big Ten

You probably thought the NCAA rules were that transferring teams were ineligible for the NCAA Tournament becuase the HL and previously the SL always adopted programs that were not NCAA D1 and therefore had probation period.

When Oakland was accepted into the HL they could earn the autobid (yeah right) but legally they could have....
CRUSADERS!!!