• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Slow website access time

Started by wh, November 26, 2012, 01:22:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbtds

Quote from: valpo04 on February 04, 2013, 06:39:09 AM
Quote from: agibson on February 03, 2013, 05:35:34 PM
Quote from: historyman on February 03, 2013, 03:06:13 PM
I couldn't get on the board for a very long period last night that went from about 7pm to 10:30pm.

Yeah - I'd forgotten all about that.  It was inaccessible for me, too, for a good while.

Yes, our hosting service had an extensive and extended outage.  Even their home page wouldn't load.   :-X

Did you ask for your money back or at least some credit?   ;D

agibson

I often think about that when, for example, my home internet goes out.  It often seems very inconvenient.  But then I think of the numbers.  Maybe it was down for twelve hours.  So, I might get back, after a lot of red tape and such.... a couple dollars?

I suppose you'd have to be paying for a premium tier of service, with some guarantees on availability, before you'd get any refund.

agibson

So, was it just me, or was this website almost completely unavailable during the Detroit game?  From the ARC, I was happily streaming WAKE and ESPN, browsing nytimes.com, espn.com, etc.  But this site was almost completely unavailable.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

valpo04

Quote from: agibson on February 17, 2013, 03:53:21 PM
So, was it just me, or was this website almost completely unavailable during the Detroit game?  From the ARC, I was happily streaming WAKE and ESPN, browsing nytimes.com, espn.com, etc.  But this site was almost completely unavailable.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

I had no issues during the game.

agibson

Quote from: valpo04 on February 17, 2013, 04:00:40 PMI had no issues during the game.

OK - good to know.  Maybe some weird "safari on the iPod Touch" issue.

vuweathernerd

i was in the chat all game, so i didn't try loading the rest of the site