• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Recent Posts?

Started by KL31NY, December 10, 2012, 04:23:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KL31NY

Is the "recent posts" feature gone? I'm not currently seeing it on the forum page
"Confidence is huge: believing you're better than the other guy gives you an advantage."
–Jason Kendall, Throwback, pp. 176

HC

I don't see it either.  I really like that feature, hopefully it will return soon!

valpo04

It is currently disabled as part of a performance test.

vuweathernerd

if you click on the 'new' button on each thread, it will automatically take you to wherever you left off on your previous visit.

LaPorteAveApostle

See, it doesn't do that for me, though.  It simply takes me to the most recent post.

So...am I the only one to whom this happens?  Everybody else gets launched right where they left off?
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

agibson

Quote from: LaPorteAveApostle on December 10, 2012, 08:29:36 PMEverybody else gets launched right where they left off?

This works for me. 

vuweathernerd

Quote from: LaPorteAveApostle on December 10, 2012, 08:29:36 PM
See, it doesn't do that for me, though.  It simply takes me to the most recent post.

So...am I the only one to whom this happens?  Everybody else gets launched right where they left off?

maybe there was only one new post in the thread you tried it with?

LaPorteAveApostle

Nope.  I portal to the site through "show unread posts since last visit", and then on that page I click on the little message post in the rightmost column.  It takes me to the most recent post, and then I scroll back up to where I think I left off.
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

valpo04

Quote from: LaPorteAveApostle on December 11, 2012, 06:47:25 PM
Nope.  I portal to the site through "show unread posts since last visit", and then on that page I click on the little message post in the rightmost column.  It takes me to the most recent post, and then I scroll back up to where I think I left off.

Well there's the problem!

Click on the little "new" icon next to the thread title instead.

LaPorteAveApostle

historyman

You weren't the only one doing this. apostle.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

agibson

Yeah, it took me ages to figure that out.  Very handy feature - but not entirely obvious!