• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Do you miss Butler?

Started by wh, January 24, 2013, 02:44:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you wish Butler were still in the Horizon League?

Yes
17 (68%)
No
4 (16%)
Doesn't matter to me
4 (16%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Voting closed: January 31, 2013, 02:44:35 PM

Kyle321n

I missed seeing Butler in the top 25 today... What happened?
Inane Tweeter, Valpo Season Ticket holder, Beer Enjoyer

wh

They are presently in free fall, but for all anyone knows they could turn things around starting Thursday.  They are having a highly schizophrenic season.

Kyle321n

Irony is hard to on a forum
Inane Tweeter, Valpo Season Ticket holder, Beer Enjoyer

bbtds

Let me show you show you and some other posters the difference between sarcasm and blissful ignorance.

Quote from: Kyle321n on March 04, 2013, 05:09:09 PM
I missed seeing Butler in the top 25 today... What happened?

Quote from: Kyle321n on March 04, 2013, 05:09:09 PM
I missed seeing Butler in the top 25 today... What happened?   ;D

See how different the second comment looks?

zvillehaze

Quote from: wh on March 04, 2013, 05:25:32 PM
They are presently in free fall, but for all anyone knows they could turn things around starting Thursday.  They are having a highly schizophrenic season.

You called this one ... double-digit road win over #55 RPI UMass.  They've lost some games, but they still don't have many "bad losses".  Worst is a road loss to #84 Xavier back in November.  Still hanging at #25 in RPI.

VU2014

Don't crush me for reopening this thread but I didn't know where to put this comment.

I miss playing the Butler because they were a great rivalry and a Boost to Conference RPI, but I don't miss the arrogance of their fan-base. Just saw this post tweet by Matt Norlander, stating that Scott Drew would not be interested in the Butler job.

Click on this tweet and read the idiocy and smugness of the Butler fans. Apparently Butler is too good for Butler fans. Man I hope Butler sucks next year. I forgot how many douche-bags were in the Butler fan-base... but I was just reminded.

https://twitter.com/MattNorlander/status/873181401637675008
https://twitter.com/Valpo_Hoops/status/873275467759067136

bigmosmithfan1

LOL. I love the thought that Scott would even consider Butler because he's an alum. Wasn't Scott famously relieved of his duties as a student manager by Butler's basketball coach when he was caught clapping for his dad's team during a Valpo-Butler game back in the early 90s?

If I recall the story correctly, Scott refused to apologize for it, and noted to the BU coach with typical humor that if his dad got fired (VU hadn't had a winning season yet under Homer at the time), he'd have to leave college anyway. So he was rooting for his dad, period.

In any case, the notion that Scott has fuzzy affection for his time at BU -- enough to leave the Power 5 job he's built over 15 years, no less! -- is just laughable.