• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Video scoreboard delay

Started by valpospartan, February 01, 2013, 11:46:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpospartan

Is it possible to update the video scoreboard on a realtime basis?  It is somewhat bush league to be showing a lineup of players that all, or part, are not even playing and not showing players that are on the floor.  It just takes too long to get the correct lineup, points , rebounds and fouls.
In this day of high technology there doesn't seem to be an excuse for this. 

wh

I agree that the updating of player stats and name changes needs to be faster.  Aside from that, to be able to see player stats in (almost) live time, replays of key plays during time outs, a summary of team stats at halftime and during other timeouts, etc. really adds to the game experience.  Overall, the overhead scoreboard is an awesome addition.

a3uge

Quote from: wh on February 07, 2013, 09:30:12 AM
I agree that the updating of player stats and name changes needs to be faster.  Aside from that, to be able to see player stats in (almost) live time, replays of key plays during time outs, a summary of team stats at halftime and during other timeouts, etc. really adds to the game experience.  Overall, the overhead scoreboard is an awesome addition.

People knock on the ARC for being like a high school gym... but the video board makes the area much more legitimate. Look at the Klotsche Center at UWM; they have a horrible gym, but their video boards make it seem like even more of a joke. It looks like they jerry-rigged an 90's overhead projector to the ceiling that shines on a used bedsheet.

My one gripe with the scoreboard is the graphics... they go a bit over-the-top on the gradients and could look a bit more professional.