• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Server Issues...Site Slowness

Started by valpo04, March 18, 2013, 07:25:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpo04

Our hosting company is experiencing server issues, causing extremely slow load times.  I have enabled caching to try to help load times, but it seems to be having a negligible affect.

Please bare with us and sorry for the inconvenience.

valpopal

Quote from: valpo04 on March 18, 2013, 07:25:59 PM

Please bare with us and sorry for the inconvenience.

Having seen some of the posters here in person, I would request that they not "bare" with us or it will be more than an inconvenience!  ;)

LaPorteAveApostle

!!!

which members are posting from the Lake o' the Woods Club?

edit:  was going to post a link to clarify the reference to anyone who never ventured south of 30 and then i really really thought better of it.  ye gods.
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

valpo04

You guys are ruthless!

Stop wasting precious bandwidth making fun of my error!

KL31NY

"Confidence is huge: believing you're better than the other guy gives you an advantage."
–Jason Kendall, Throwback, pp. 176

valpo04

Still trying to work out the issues with our hosting company.  It seems to be a network/routing issue and not a server issue.  This is complicating things a bit.

Please continue to bare with us!

vuweathernerd

valpo04

Things *seem* to be back to normal now.  Hope it lasts!

valpo04

So much for that... slow again  >:(  :censored: :banghead: :rant:

VUfan

agibson

I was thinking MSU DoS attack ;)

I couldn't get to the site at all for.. dunno, at least 20-30 minutes?  Starting about 50 minutes ago.

valpo04

Quote from: agibson on March 21, 2013, 10:33:00 AM
I was thinking MSU DoS attack ;)

I couldn't get to the site at all for.. dunno, at least 20-30 minutes?  Starting about 50 minutes ago.

Yup, seems a bit better now.  The timing of these things is always perfect.

covufan

I'm sure with the tournament we have a lot more lookers, lurkers, and maybe want to join people on the site.