• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Football Coach Search

Started by vu72, November 14, 2013, 07:17:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vu72

I'm wondering if you could tell us what type of candidates you saw in the last search and whether or not you expect similar candidates.

More specifically, did you see a good cross section of D1 asst. coaches, D2 head or asst coaches, D3 head coaches, others?  Were the candidates primarily from the midwest or were they coming from across the country? Finally, how many applications came in?

Thank you and good luck and blessings to you and the committee.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

ml

The response to the announcement that the position would be open was very quick.  There is a very strong interest in the position.  The candidates for all of our open head coaching positions are similar.  They range from high school coaches to DI assistants and everything in between.  They come from all college levels, DI, DII, DIII, and NAIA.  They come from all over the country and sometimes beyond.

valpotx

Thanks for the quick response, and we look forward to hearing good news once a decision is made over time!
"Don't mess with Texas"

VULB#62

Thanks ML. This will probably be a watershed moment in the program's history.  I hope the university administration has recognized the importance and complexity of competitive FB program and has given you the flexibility you need and the financial support that the program deserves going forward.  Good luck.

bbtds

Quote from: VULB#62 on November 17, 2013, 11:46:11 AM
Thanks ML. This will probably be a watershed moment in the program's history.  I hope the university administration has recognized the importance and complexity of competitive FB program and has given you the flexibility you need and the financial support that the program deserves going forward.  Good luck.

Good sentiments! A very heartfelt "Good Luck!"