• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Embeddable tweets?

Started by LaPorteAveApostle, November 16, 2013, 03:05:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaPorteAveApostle

One of the many cool things about this board is the ability to embed images, and hyperlinks, etc.  Youtube and other videos automatically embed.

Wondering how hard it is to embed tweets?  I noticed that Twitter has a code to embed, but I can never make it work, so I just cut and paste.

If it's easy to do great; if not no sweat we can just keep on like normal.
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

valpo04

Quote from: LaPorteAveApostle on November 16, 2013, 03:05:10 PM
One of the many cool things about this board is the ability to embed images, and hyperlinks, etc.  Youtube and other videos automatically embed.

Wondering how hard it is to embed tweets?  I noticed that Twitter has a code to embed, but I can never make it work, so I just cut and paste.

If it's easy to do great; if not no sweat we can just keep on like normal.

The problem with the Twitter embed code is that it contains javascript and raw html.  Allowing posts that contain javascript would open a pretty big security hole so it isn't allowed. 

That said, a possible workaround is being looked at by the people at SMF so maybe at some point we can get it to work. 

LaPorteAveApostle

"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

valpo04

Implemented.

When viewing a tweet, grab the Tweet ID (the long number at the end of the URL) and stick it between tags like so:

[tweet]454290678109847552[/tweet]

[tweet]454290678109847552[/tweet]

Kyle321n

Why didn't we get an email 3 days in advance that there would be an IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT?
Inane Tweeter, Valpo Season Ticket holder, Beer Enjoyer

LaPorteAveApostle

Quote from: valpo04 on April 10, 2014, 02:27:52 PMWhen viewing a tweet, grab the Tweet ID (the long number at the end of the URL) and stick it between tags like so:
wow!  very cool.

testing:

[tweet]453166363495129088[/tweet]