• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

"game day" tab

Started by LaPorteAveApostle, February 07, 2014, 08:12:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaPorteAveApostle

04, I notice the "Game Day" option at the front every now and then, but it's always blank.

Was there something intended for there?

It might be nice to have the video & chat there as maybe more would find it since now they have to scroll on the main screen.

MAYBE IT COULD EVEN FLASH GOLD AND BROWN WHEN LIVE

(sorry to make suggestions when i don't know anything about computers.  i'm a musician. the only thing I know about computers is that you can put the print shop floppy upside down and play the driver game.  thanks broderbund.)
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

valpo04

Hmmm...if you are referring to the menu bar at the top here, it should take you to the video stream and chat window.

It does for me.

LaPorteAveApostle

not me...is it safari?

here's what i see
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

valpo04

I just tested using Safari and here is what it looks like to me:

valpo04

Could an ad blocker be affecting it for you?

LaPorteAveApostle

Thank you for that.  I suppose that could be an issue, except I don't have any add-on protection than what Safari gives me; plus, I can see it on the "Forum Home" page, just down toward the bottom, so wouldn't it block it there too?

Sorry to be difficult.  But here's what I see in Chrome and Firefox.  (I don't use IE because I want a3uge to be my friend.)

Can someone please tell me I'm not the only one?

valpo04

So if you go to the forum home page and click the "+" on the "Game Day" bar you can see the chat and video but if you click on the link, it doesn't display?

StlVUFan

This is not the only oddity, by the way.  At work, behind the company firewall on my Windows 7 Premium computer, I can see the banner with the 4 seniors at the top of the Forum main page just fine.  At home, on my Windows 7 Home laptop with only my McAfee firewall (I should try disabling it and see if that makes a difference), I can't see the banner.

???

valpo04

Quote from: StlVUFan on February 11, 2014, 12:28:08 PM
This is not the only oddity, by the way.  At work, behind the company firewall on my Windows 7 Premium computer, I can see the banner with the 4 seniors at the top of the Forum main page just fine.  At home, on my Windows 7 Home laptop with only my McAfee firewall (I should try disabling it and see if that makes a difference), I can't see the banner.

???

Hmm, that is a strange one as well.

So you also have the blank "Game Day" issue?

StlVUFan

Quote from: valpo04 on February 11, 2014, 01:19:04 PM
Quote from: StlVUFan on February 11, 2014, 12:28:08 PM

???

Hmm, that is a strange one as well.

So you also have the blank "Game Day" issue?
No, as far as I can tell, the page displays its general layout as expected.  I have a different issue: The chat box remains empty with a never ending spinning wheel in the middle.  I've gotten used to just not trying it at work (probably a good idea anyway).

I haven't tried the Game Day tab at home, I usually just scroll down to the bottom of the main page.

LaPorteAveApostle

Quote from: valpo04 on February 11, 2014, 07:55:04 AMSo if you go to the forum home page and click the "+" on the "Game Day" bar you can see the chat and video but if you click on the link, it doesn't display?
I don't even need to click the +...maybe I did the first time long ago...but now it always loads automatically.  You can see that I'm ... um... active in chat :/

But as screenshotted above, the GD tab doesn't yield the same result!  (Read that in Walter Matthau as Mr. Wilson voice:  "MARtha!  the GD TAB doesn't work!!!")

Sorry to be difficult.

agibson

Quote from: LaPorteAveApostle on February 07, 2014, 08:12:08 PMthe only thing I know about computers is that you can put the print shop floppy upside down and play the driver game.  thanks broderbund.

How did I miss this?!

agibson

Easter Eggs aside, I came to this thread looking for the discussion of the Game Day content on the default
http://www.valpofanzone.com/forum/index.php
page.

Am I misremembering, or is it now quite different?  With the Audio and Video "above the fold", and only the "Valpo Basketball" and "Other Sports" forums above it?

Probably my initial reaction is driven by "it's not the way I'm used to!".  But, I suspect I will find all the scrolling annoying... I wonder if the trade-offs are worth it.  They might be.

valpo04

Quote from: agibson on February 21, 2014, 11:46:22 AM
Easter Eggs aside, I came to this thread looking for the discussion of the Game Day content on the default
http://www.valpofanzone.com/forum/index.php
page.

Am I misremembering, or is it now quite different?  With the Audio and Video "above the fold", and only the "Valpo Basketball" and "Other Sports" forums above it?

Probably my initial reaction is driven by "it's not the way I'm used to!".  But, I suspect I will find all the scrolling annoying... I wonder if the trade-offs are worth it.  They might be.

agibson found the thread about this, but in case others didn't see it: http://www.valpofanzone.com/forum/index.php?topic=1757.0