• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

2015 valpo hockey

Started by Valpo_Hockey, January 20, 2015, 08:29:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

covufan

Quote from: IndyValpo on October 15, 2015, 09:24:31 AM
Things have gone silent here.....
If you are on Facebook, Valpo Hockey has a page there:

https://www.facebook.com/ValpoHockey

They have jerseys, but no link to order.

historyman

Are they still playing in South Bend?
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

a3uge

Quote from: covufan on October 15, 2015, 02:22:37 PM

Still not real.

usc4valpo

I think it would be very cool if Valpo could actually sell hockey jerseys like these.

cornonthe

Quote from: a3uge on October 15, 2015, 04:01:26 PM
Quote from: covufan on October 15, 2015, 02:22:37 PM

Still not real.
Well, they are on the ACHA website...not sure how you fake that...worlds greatest hoax apparently...even the ACHA is in on it, all for the sake of fooling us!!!  :lol:

usc4valpo

what horn will be used and what song will they play when the Saders score?

Maybe crank the victory bell when they score.

Goal song - Tear the Roof Off - "We got the Funk" by Parliament

Valpo_Hockey

It's been awhile since I have been on here.

Some updates. The team will play for the upcoming school year. There are three NCAA recruits coming in, along with other's with ACHA experience.

Jerseys have been for sale on the FB page. There will be a online store up very soon with hoodies, hats, t-shirts etc.

There is going to be a very BIG hockey announcement that concerns the overall region within the next few months.

If you have any questions, provided I can, I will answer them.

IndyValpo

The ICHC had their year end tourney last weekend at the Fuel Tank (formerly the Fishers Forum). Indy's minor league (Indy Fuel) purchased (were given) the facility.
I live very close and walked over and watched some of a game between IPFW and Xavier. IPFW had 13 players, Xavier around 18-19.  Purdue was the #1 seed but Indiana ended up winning I believe. those four teams plus Ball State currently make up the ICHC. Butler and IUPUI added club hockey this year. Not sure if they are joining this league.

valpotx

So, my understanding is that the ACHA is essentially club hockey.  Is that accurate?  If it was a fully sponsored sport by VU, it would be on our athletics website.
"Don't mess with Texas"

Valpo_Hockey

It is slightly accurate. Some schools choose to include ACHA on their athletics page. Some do not. Valpo Hockey has its own website that is separate from rec sports and athletics.

The ACHA was developed in 1991 to give hockey players the chance to play college hockey, there is a limited amount of NCAA hockey programs, this is primarily because of the cost associate with the sport. The ACHA was developed to be a alternative to NCAA hockey. So you will see big schools, like University of Iowa and University of Illinois with ACHA teams.

Penn State and Arizona State both in recent years started with ACHA teams and then made the jump to NCAA D1. That may be an option for Valpo in the future, but it currently is not. An ACHA team is what properly fits the structure currently.

valpotx

Sounds good, and hopefully we eventually get the funds to be NCAA as well!
"Don't mess with Texas"

valpo95

Quote from: valpotx on February 18, 2016, 10:39:12 AM

All you need is someone to donate $102M as the leading gift for the arena and the team (Penn State):  http://www.gopsusports.com/pegula-ice-arena/

cornonthe

Quote from: valpo95 on February 19, 2016, 10:20:09 AM
Quote from: valpotx on February 18, 2016, 10:39:12 AM

All you need is someone to donate $102M as the leading gift for the arena and the team (Penn State):  http://www.gopsusports.com/pegula-ice-arena/

Or "only" 80 million for ASU!!! :P Anyway, glad to see you have some experience coming in...good luck!!! :)

historyman

A new hockey facility could be coming to the Hobart/Merrillville area (north of US30 off Mississippi) by the fall or winter of 2017.

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/lake/ice-hockey-facility-proposed-for-hobart-development/article_a072d910-3644-54fe-9c2b-c35b5f640d25.html
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

usc4valpo

I know it is a dream, but hockey would be so awesome to have at Valpo. The spot contunue to grow in national interest, more so than baseball.

IndyValpo

The ICHC website does not include Valpo, they did add Butler. Schedules are out so it looks like no hockey in Valpo this year...

valpotx

Quote from: usc4valpo on August 07, 2016, 12:02:46 PM
I know it is a dream, but hockey would be so awesome to have at Valpo. The spot contunue to grow in national interest, more so than baseball.

Maybe in the Midwest and Northeast...
"Don't mess with Texas"

FWalum

My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

covufan

Quote from: FWalum on August 17, 2016, 06:14:40 PM
Trine University building new Hockey Facility! $16 million project will bring hockey to Trine
Wow.  Ambitious.  Maybe there is a chance for Valpo Hockey!

usc4valpo

Trine can have hockey but Valpo cannot? What the heck?

Vinny

The money has never been there nor will it ever. How many different ways can it be said? Valpo doesn't have the money to support programs outside of men's basketball. If you want a hockey team, either rob a bank or figure out a way to have a rich hockey person develop a love for VU.

IndyValpo

Trine University building new Hockey Facility! $16 million project will bring hockey to Trine
I was thinking $16 million to build a hockey facility to play club level hockey....wow!  Reading the article $4.5 million for the hockey rink. Still impressive.

usc4valpo

in reality, we have a bigger need for a huge ARC renovation than to bring in hockey.

footballgods

I wish Valpo had hockey it is in a great area.. Dam

cornonthe

Quote from: IndyValpo on August 18, 2016, 07:26:22 AM
I was thinking $16 million to build a hockey facility to play club level hockey....wow!  Reading the article $4.5 million for the hockey rink. Still impressive.
The group that I was in had budgeted somewhere between 5 and 15 million for a two sheet facility. The first building was already completed, but would have needed some revisions totaling just north of a million. The second building would have had to have been constructed. In the long rage plan, there would have been a third(larger)building and all three would have been tied together by a lobby pod...that third building was not budgeted and the money would have had to come from someone else. Our financial projections for the two sheets had us profiting in the third year, maybe sooner, so there was never a great race to the third building which ultimately angered our biggest investor because he thought we were moving too slow and that our vision lacked something(not sure what). They moved on and bought the UPC Arena in Fargo...