• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Felder makes #1 on Sports Center

Started by covufan, February 26, 2015, 05:36:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wh

That's great.  I love it.  But does an big unathletic white guy always have to play the fool (think Tevonn's poster dunk)?  ;)

LaPorteAveApostle

"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

LaPorteAveApostle

dude's got nothing on this guy, though:  AMAZING YOU HAVE TO WATCH THIS

QuoteFlorida State was trailing Miami (YTM) 62-47 with 4:38 to play last night in their ACC matchup in Miami.  That's when freshman G Xavier Rathan-Mayes did something that might be hard to do in a video game.  He went on to score 30 points in the game's remaining minutes...and the Seminoles still lost, 81-77!  Rathan-Mayes hit six threes, two lay-ups and eight free throws in the final 4:38 of the contest, finishing with a season-high 35 points.  It was his second 35-point game of the season, with the other coming against UNC in January. 

He was the #30 recruit in the country in the class of 2014, per Rivals, with offers from a whole host of schools, including Kentucky, Illinois and UConn.  Michigan didn't recruit him, as far as I can tell.  While he has gone off a few times this season, you could definitely call him a chucker.  Rathan-Mayes attempts 12 FGs per game, 5.2 from three and only shoots .411/.274/.694.  To his credit, he also averages 4.5 APG, against 3.5 TOs.

FSU's Xavier Rathan-Mayes Explodes for 30 Points in Final 4:38 vs Miami

"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

HC

That was a pretty fantastic move, poor Bobby Hain  :lol:

I'm showing this clip today, along with Tevonn's jam from the other night in class as we lead up to the big Students vs. Staff basketball game this afternoon.

talksalot

looking for a post to stick this "Instagram" that Paul shared on Twitter...

2kayzero:    I've been thinking about the NBA (my ultimate dream) and coming back for my senior year and today I made the decision to leave school early and enter my name in 2016 NBA draft! God has blessed me all my life and this year has been such a blessing! I would like to say thank you to everyone that helped me along the way! But now the work gets even harder!! And I'm ready for it! OAKLAND has been such a great place and I'll never forget the memories I had here with my teammates, coaches, trainers and professors!! I'll forever be a GOLDEN GRIZZLY 🐻🤘🏾

He doesn't say anything about hiring an agent... but he may be drafted...

HC