• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Northern Kentucky to Join Horizon League

Started by valpopal, May 09, 2015, 12:51:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

agibson

Quote from: blackpantheruwm on October 21, 2015, 03:30:50 PMI hope you get to experience a standing-room-only soccer match at VU. Our grandstand seats about 1,700, and when we surpass that number the atmosphere is unbelievable. We broke our school record for attendance this year by bringing in just over 4,000 for the Marquette match (always a sellout, but they almost doubled the seating capacity). It's crazy.

One source claims Brown Field seats 5,000.  I've never seen more than about two people in the "away" stand. I don't even know how to get over there.

So, a standing-room crowd is unlikely. But, I do respect wanting to keep the stands reasonably-full rather than reasonably-empty.

I heard about the Marquette crowd - nuts!

Anywhere above about 700 for soccer, or even the right 600 (pep band drum line helps, Newman Center priest who used to be a cheerleader helps, etc.), and Brown Field starts to have a pretty decent soccer atmosphere.  Still too far from the field, of course.  And football lines.

valpotx

Northern Kentucky has been a great addition so far!  They are very competitive in each of the 3 sports so far: men's soccer, women's soccer, and volleyball.
"Don't mess with Texas"

VULB#62

Apparently, former UWGB AD (Ken Bothof) covered up sex incident at NKU.  This is from the Manitowoc Herald Times Reporter.  Apparently the basketball players involved were allowed to continue to play out the season and were then suspended AFTER the season was over.

http://www.htrnews.com/story/sports/college/uwgb/2016/09/10/former-uwgb-ad-covers-up-sex-incident-nku/90202892/