• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Obergefell v. Hodges

Started by 78crusader, June 30, 2015, 04:41:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

78crusader

Not a peep on this board about last week's gay marriage decision by the US Supreme Court.  Interesting.

Paul

wh

I heard a great idea today.  Split the country equally - liberals in one half, conservatives in the other. A a conservative I would love it. No more chronic complainers, perpetually offended and aggrieved whiners, pessimists, democracy haters, lazy system scammers on welfare and "disability," drug legalizers, Christian bashers, abortionists and abortion promoters, race hustlers, Marxists, tree huggers, biased "main stream" media members, liberal indoctrination educators, military haters, white guilt promoters, union organizers, open border advocates, vote cheaters, community organizers, liberal judges, self-portrayed victims and sad sacks, democracy despisers, Communists, anarchists, Satanists, humanists, martyrs, anyone with an external locus of control, and last but not least, the embittered, in your face, bigoted, my-way-or-the-highway hate-filled LBGT community and their useful idiot supporters. Forget Thomas More's utopia.  This would be heaven on earth.   

78crusader

Don't sugar coat it, wh--tell us how you really feel.  :)

Paul 

VU75

Frankly I'd find it boring being stuck with all you saints so I'll stick with the sinners.

valpotx

I can't fault wh's thinking
"Don't mess with Texas"

valporun

How do you draw the dividing line? Which side of America do you put the conservatives to get them away from the liberals? Wasn't this essentially the case with the Union vs. the Confederacy? Give it time, and we'll be intermixed again anyway.

IndyValpo

Quote from: wh on June 30, 2015, 08:17:16 PM
I heard a great idea today.  Split the country equally - liberals in one half, conservatives in the other. A a conservative I would love it. No more chronic complainers, perpetually offended and aggrieved whiners, pessimists, democracy haters, lazy system scammers on welfare and "disability," drug legalizers, Christian bashers, abortionists and abortion promoters, race hustlers, Marxists, tree huggers, biased "main stream" media members, liberal indoctrination educators, military haters, white guilt promoters, union organizers, open border advocates, vote cheaters, community organizers, liberal judges, self-portrayed victims and sad sacks, democracy despisers, Communists, anarchists, Satanists, humanists, martyrs, anyone with an external locus of control, and last but not least, the embittered, in your face, bigoted, my-way-or-the-highway hate-filled LBGT community and their useful idiot supporters. Forget Thomas More's utopia.  This would be heaven on earth.   
I like it, as long as I am in the half without you....

FWalum

A sexually focused "me first" culture has further eroded the base of society, the family, just as no fault divorce, abortion, cohabitation without commitment and the abdication of male responsibility have done in the last 4 decades. Society continues to sink to new lows at the hands of those who blindly believe they are taking it to new highs.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

StlVUFan

Quote from: 78crusader on June 30, 2015, 04:41:31 PM
Not a peep on this board about last week's gay marriage decision by the US Supreme Court.  Interesting.

Paul
The responses so far serve as an answer to your implied question.

I'll never really "get" gay marriage myself, but I also do not see it as any kind of moral decay.  I see it as a foreign concept, emotionally, and I will approach it the way I think foreign concepts should be approached -- with an open mind.

And yes, I have thought about Christian theology and the gospel and I've heard just about every argument there is, both pro and con.  I'm not joining the parade, but I approve of the decision.

a3uge

Quote from: StlVUFan on July 09, 2015, 07:23:56 PM
Quote from: 78crusader on June 30, 2015, 04:41:31 PM

Paul
The responses so far serve as an answer to your implied question.

I'll never really "get" gay marriage myself, but I also do not see it as any kind of moral decay.  I see it as a foreign concept, emotionally, and I will approach it the way I think foreign concepts should be approached -- with an open mind.

And yes, I have thought about Christian theology and the gospel and I've heard just about every argument there is, both pro and con.  I'm not joining the parade, but I approve of the decision.
I approve of the outcome, but the Supreme Court decision was one of the worst in our history. Absolute ridiculous interpretation of the Constitution.

Just Sayin

Another Sola Scriptura fail for any Christian who supports this decision.

wh

Quote from: wh on June 30, 2015, 08:17:16 PM

I would be remiss if I didn't add the harvesters and trafficers of unborn baby parts to the esteemed "liberal states of america." 

! No longer available

They know nothing, they understand nothing; their eyes are plastered over so they cannot see, and their minds closed so they cannot understand.

wh

Undercover video just released - harvesting and trafficking unborn baby parts at Planned Parenthood.  Absolutely barbaric!

! No longer available

Just Sayin

"Undercover video just released - harvesting and trafficking unborn baby parts at Planned Parenthood.  Absolutely barbaric!"

Not to most liberals. Or Obama.

historyman

Quote from: IndyValpo on July 02, 2015, 08:45:58 AM
Quote from: wh on June 30, 2015, 08:17:16 PMI heard a great idea today.  Split the country equally - liberals in one half, conservatives in the other. A a conservative I would love it. No more chronic complainers, perpetually offended and aggrieved whiners, pessimists, democracy haters, lazy system scammers on welfare and "disability," drug legalizers, Christian bashers, abortionists and abortion promoters, race hustlers, Marxists, tree huggers, biased "main stream" media members, liberal indoctrination educators, military haters, white guilt promoters, union organizers, open border advocates, vote cheaters, community organizers, liberal judges, self-portrayed victims and sad sacks, democracy despisers, Communists, anarchists, Satanists, humanists, martyrs, anyone with an external locus of control, and last but not least, the embittered, in your face, bigoted, my-way-or-the-highway hate-filled LBGT community and their useful idiot supporters. Forget Thomas More's utopia.  This would be heaven on earth.
I like it, as long as I am in the half without you....

Initially my first thought too....but if we don't even try to get along there is no chance and what divides us only makes us weaker as a country.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

usc4valpo

After review - Pence is still a moron. There's no reason to have that law. Focus on more important issues like cleaning up Gary.