• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Carrington Love arrested on weapons charges

Started by wh, November 07, 2015, 08:07:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wh

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/story/sports/college/uwgb/2015/11/06/uwgb-guard-faces-weapons-charge/75295758/

Police confiscated the Smith & Wesson M&P 9 mm handgun that was loaded with 23 bullets. Love does not have a concealed carry weapon permit.

About a $600 gun with the loaded extended clip. Nice birthday present from mom and dad?  Gift for himself from his "cost of attendance" stipend?  Other?

agibson

31 MPG, 10 PPG last year.  And that was with Sykes in the picture.  Senior leadership, this year, one would normally suppose.

Figure, what, two game suspension?  Presumably missing the Stanford game. 

(How did these guys get an invite to the NIT pre-season tournament? I guess it's "only" a "classic" now, but it does get them games at Stanford and Georgia Tech.  Maybe not so different from any other in-season tournament.)

agibson

No, I take it back.

If convicted, Love faces up to nine months in jail and a maximum fine of $10,000. He was charged Sept. 9 and released on a $250 signature bond.

Love pleaded not guilty to the charge and will be represented by a public defender. A final pretrial hearing is set for Dec. 16 and a jury trial is scheduled for Jan. 11.

UWGB starts its season at Stanford on Nov. 13, and Love is expected to be in the lineup.

"We are aware of Carrington's situation, and we need to allow the legal process to play out," UWGB coach Linc Darner said.

Innocent until proven guilty, I suppose.

I don't guess "full cost of education" includes attorney's fees.

Seems a little strange that this is news _now_, but I guess attention is starting to focus on the team.

bbtds

It seems Carrington Love had all guns firing against Milwaukee when the Phoenix beat the Panthers 95-94 at Panther Arena on January 29th.

https://admin.xosn.com/pdf9/4419418.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=22500

Player FG-FGA 3FG-3FGA FT-FTA Off Reb Def Reb Tot Reb PF TP A TO Blk Stl Min
12 LOVE, Carrington g 9-16 1-5 5-6 0 3 3 2 24 6 1 0 3 34

Now I bet the Milw police had wished they had thrown him in jail.