• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Opponents Scoreboard 2015-2016 Season

Started by agibson, November 13, 2015, 10:25:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

agibson

Is this the thread for Horizon League games too? Or do we usually have a separate one?

Green Bay's taken Stanford to overtime in Palo Alto.

https://t.co/Ec50cTYCz3 live now in overtime for the Green Bay radio call.  77-76, Cardinal up 1.

Or it's on PAC-12 network if you've got lots of channels on TV.

Middle of the pac in the PAC 12 preseason poll, but, still.

Green Bay's new coach won DII championship last year?

Carrington Love, can't help but think of him as Mr. Handgun, 32 points on 6-9.  Stanford wins 93-89.  70 free throw attempts?

Their Tuesday AM game is at _5 AM_ at East Tennessee State.  The things you do to get on ESPN.

a3uge

vu72

Quote from: a3uge on November 13, 2015, 11:19:17 PM
Belmont beat Marquette.

Women's game.

The pretenders:  Wright State loses to NIU,65-59.  NIU picked middle of the pack in the MAC
                          Milwaukee beats Santa Clara 71-65 (a close game all the way)  Santa Clara is now 0-3 and lost to Lipscomb by 2 and Denver by 22.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

vu72

Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

justducky

Tuesday night 6 CT UWM at ND. I am very interested to see what the 3-0 Panthers can do against the Irish.

Wait! Lets switch uniforms with Milwaukee and let them travel to RI while we go to South Bend. How else are we ever going to get to play them? I mean RI might be willing to go along with the ruse, while nobody from their Notre Dame towers of elite isolation is even apt to notice the difference.  :thumbsup:

valporun

Watched the IUPUI-Marquette game on FoxSports1 last night, and Marquette has 7 freshmen, 3 sophomores, 2 juniors, and a single walk-on senior. This in the second season of Coach K's Steve Wojochowski. The Jags fought very well, but I expect Marquette to make a difference in the upper eschelon of the Big East next season.

agibson

So far, looks like the Horizon League is 12-11 in the non-conference.

That sounds better than the 8-11 they are without us.

And a lot better than the 5-10 they are without Valpo or Milwaukee.

There's more to it than just W-L records. But, it's not shaping up to be a good season for Horizon League RPI...

At least these non-D1 games don't count against us!

And, credit Oakland, I guess, for the undefeated start, 1-0.  Will be interesting to see how it goes for them against the MVC (SIU) and MWC (Colorado State).

justducky

Quote from: agibson on November 19, 2015, 12:11:57 PMAnd, credit Oakland, I guess, for the undefeated start, 1-0.  Will be interesting to see how it goes for them against the MVC (SIU) and MWC (Colorado State).
I did watch parts of the Oakland- Eastern Michigan game and their first game performance looked reasonably solid. If they can find a way to take both SIU and Colorado State (not likely but maybe not impossible) I will start watching them almost as closely as I am watching us.

Looking at our HL OOC schedules I don't think it (HL) can bring its winning % up without Oakland and UWM both playing well above expectations. A few UIC and YSU wins would also be helpful.

valporun

I see Milwaukee winning a lot more games because they are over their APR suspension from last season, so they can participate in the conference tournament. That was the only thing keeping Milwaukee from helping the conference last year. They couldn't go to the tournament, so they'd win or lose, but do what they could in certain to piss off the conference enough that they weren't a complete laughingstock. UIC is going to be interesting with Steve McClain. We need them to get some wins, but I'm not expecting huge win totals from this season for them.

a3uge

Milwaukee will be better but Green Bay is going to lose a lot more games. They're switching their offense to a run and gun and aren't really built for that style. They haven't been a good jump shooting team (they made 1FG in the last 12 min of last years championship game) and it'll take a while to adjust.

agibson

Oakland drops a one possession game on the road at Georgia.

Overturned out of bounds call denies Oakland a chance for a three to win.

Kampe not a happy camper (went on the radio before going to the locker room!).  Says he hopes the refs are suspended.

Do they fine coaches in the NCAA?

A certain Ozzie Guillen quality about him that I could enjoy.

bbtds

Quote from: agibson on December 01, 2015, 08:05:53 PM
Oakland drops a one possession game on the road at Georgia.

Overturned out of bounds call denies Oakland a chance for a three to win.

Kampe not a happy camper (went on the radio before going to the locker room!).  Says he hopes the refs are suspended.

Do they fine coaches in the NCAA?

A certain Ozzie Guillen quality about him that I could enjoy.

Momouth does it again!

valpo64

Krap!  King Kampe komplaining on kalls kramping his kalls so his kids kan't kompete?  Dare anyone say or do anything against the King?

agibson

Looks like Wright State @ 12/13 Xavier is on FoxSports1 in 15 minutes.

valporun

Xavier has run away with the game. It's currently71-33 Muskateers with 1:42 remaining.

Also, Rhode Island leads Houston, 39-35, in the second half.

FWalum

67-57 win for Rhode Island over the Houston Cougars.  This was Houston's first loss of the season and also their first away game.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

oklahomamick

Iona lost to Tulsa hurt.  Tulsa rebounded their lost to ORU with a win against Iona. 
CRUSADERS!!!

agibson

Detroit home game, with Toledo coming to town. Maybe they can make some noise at home.

And I notice Milwaukee goes to Madison.  They don't get the game in Milwaukee this year.  But, still.  There can be some perqs to being a public school.  A game against IU this year, even in Bloomington, would be pretty interesting.

valpo64

IPFW plays IU at Bloomington tonight...next year IU plays them in Fort Wayne, then in '17 they again play in B-town.

motowntitan

Detroit beats Toledo 75-72.  Up next for the Rockets-vs Oakland Saturday

talksalot

and Milwaukee beat Wisconsin...at the Kohl Center... Incredible...

agibson

Quote from: agibson on December 09, 2015, 01:00:16 PM
And I notice Milwaukee goes to Madison.  They don't get the game in Milwaukee this year.  But, still.  There can be some perqs to being a public school. 

Big win on the road for Milwaukee.

Biggest upset of the year for HL?

Biggest win in rivalry terms.  Biggest win over all?  Or maybe we'll have to wait and see what shakes out for Oregon State, Wisconsin, Rhode Island?

talksalot

Wisconsin's RPI is now 96....

Wright State's win over #86 South Dakota at the beginning of the season ... well... ok... nevermind...
Valpo's win over #85 IPFW
Valpo's win over #60 Iona