• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

HL Detroit Tournament

Started by covufan, December 17, 2015, 08:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

covufan

Just 1 hour until all-session & limited single-session tickets go on sale for #MotorCityMadness. Don't miss out!

Just saw this tweet from HL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

talksalot

But hurry !!  Joe Louis Arena Capacity is only 20,066

agibson

Quote from: talksalot on December 17, 2015, 08:35:58 AM

Interesting that noone started a thread when the first ticket info was announced.  We're about a week into the all-session sales, etc?

I did look more than a little at the details, and considered starting a thread, but didn't pull the trigger on either.  Interesting that they're definitely playing up the appearance of scarcity.

And, it's entirely possible that the VU section on the lower-level will sell out.  I'm not sure in what phase.  Probably not for the all-session sales?

Interesting that the VU-arranged bus trip is only for semi-finals and finals.

a3uge

Quote from: agibson on December 17, 2015, 04:56:51 PM
Quote from: talksalot on December 17, 2015, 08:35:58 AM

Interesting that noone started a thread when the first ticket info was announced.  We're about a week into the all-session sales, etc?

I did look more than a little at the details, and considered starting a thread, but didn't pull the trigger on either.  Interesting that they're definitely playing up the appearance of scarcity.

And, it's entirely possible that the VU section on the lower-level will sell out.  I'm not sure in what phase.  Probably not for the all-session sales?

Interesting that the VU-arranged bus trip is only for semi-finals and finals.
I hope to god there's no bus before then - it would mean a 3rd place or worse finish.

agibson

Quote from: a3uge on December 17, 2015, 08:17:54 PMI hope to god there's no bus before then - it would mean a 3rd place or worse finish.

For sure.  But, there's one ounce, perhaps, of not wanting to count your chickens.  And some like the whole idea of getting the whole league together, multiple day format, etc, etc.

I'm not _that_ surprised it's a shorter trip.  But, a little.

talksalot

With #1 and #2 seeds getting the double-bye...

http://hln.s3.amazonaws.com/sports/brackets/2/bracket.pdf?1447775721

Here's the link to the "alumni" bus information
http://alumni.valpo.edu/s/1347/index.aspx?sid=1347&gid=1&pgid=1653&cid=3455&ecid=3455&crid=0&calpgid=61&calcid=1962

I'm guessing a lot of valpo-locals would rather not spend the weekend in Detoit... but just go for Monday and Wednesday games....

agibson

HC

Riding the fan bus to the tournament game at the Palace a few years back was a very unpleasant experience.  I'd recommend finding a buddy and driving yourselves.

agibson

Quote from: HC on December 18, 2015, 01:41:33 PMRiding the fan bus to the tournament game at the Palace a few years back was a very unpleasant experience.

Yeah, I'm not generally in love with bus tours.  Though the environmental efficiency is a certain kind of tempting.

Care to elaborate on the unpleasantness?  What's the internet for? ;)

sliman

There were good reports on the bus trip to Columbus last year and I'm sure the "drive" home that night was much easier for everyone.