• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Matt LaBarbera gone!!

Started by vu72, January 04, 2016, 06:39:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vu72

Just received an email (via LinkedIn) saying that Matt was now the Advancement Coordinator at the College of Engineering at The Ohio State University.  What a fine young man.  I do wish him well and felt he was doing a great job at Valpo!
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

StlVUFan

Quote from: vu72 on January 04, 2016, 06:39:05 PM
Just received an email (via LinkedIn) saying that Matt was now the Advancement Coordinator at the College of Engineering at The Ohio State University.  What a fine young man.  I do wish him well and felt he was doing a great job at Valpo!
Could have sworn that happened back in September or thereabouts.  Maybe I only knew that because he wrote a note about it on VU's last mailing of my contribution receipt before I renewed...

VULB#62

Matt and family moved back to Ohio to support his wife's family. He's a great guy, and in correspondence with him he indicated that he'd like to find his way back to the Valpo family when the time is right. But he's in the big time now. Hopefully he will gain tons of new experiences that he can eventually  bring back to VU.

valpopal

In our friendly conversations or at those times when working with Matt, I always found him to be a terrific young man, and I was sorry to see him leave; however, I wish him all the best.

valpospartan

Quote from: StlVUFan on January 04, 2016, 07:40:56 PM
Quote from: vu72 on January 04, 2016, 06:39:05 PM
Could have sworn that happened back in September or thereabouts.  Maybe I only knew that because he wrote a note about it on VU's last mailing of my contribution receipt before I renewed...
On 11/10, Matt confirmed, to me, that he was leaving VU for a job at OSU.

FWalum

Ditto to everything written above. Matt was always so kind to my wife and I whenever we had an opportunity to get together.  When he traveled through the Fort we would catch lunch together and talk about all the latest VU happenings.  He told me back in early November that he was leaving and he did leave right after the IPFW game to take sometime with the family and get things together for the move to OSU.  His father should be very proud of this fine young man.  I wish him the best and hope to keep in touch.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show