• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Copa America Centenario 2016

Started by agibson, January 29, 2016, 02:00:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

agibson

Quote from: valpotx on June 17, 2016, 11:17:21 AM
It would be great if Venezuela upsets Argentina, but they haven't struggled like Brazil did. 

It'll be interesting to see how much Messi plays. Still hasn't started, I think? And the "only" three goals he's scored are the Soldier Field hat trick.

VULB#62

Tonight's the next big one -- Argentina.  8PM CT on FS1

FWalum

Unfortunately, that was a little embarrassing.  A good tournament for the USMNT but could have been a little bit better showing, albeit against the #1 team in the world.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

usc4valpo

After last night, it is obvious that the USMNT has a long ways to go to truly compete with the world powers. There is much to learn by the way the Argentinians play.

VULB#62

The Argentinians played superbly. They anticipated most passes by USA, cut off feeds and then medically dissected the USA defense with a controlled precision I havent seen in a long time. In close quareters they maintained control that our players could not counter.there was no doubt at any time in the game who truly controlled the pace.  They are a great team.

Now lets see if the USA can learn from this defeat and win 3rd place on Saturday. We get back two solid players who are difference makers in Jones and Woods.