• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Wright State on Jeopardy

Started by Kyle321n, February 03, 2016, 09:45:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kyle321n

It's the Jeopardy college tournament and the Horizon League has a representative in the form of a young lady from Wright St. Spoiler alert (the show aired last night) she won her first match and is on to the next round of the tournament. I'm kind of rooting for her since it's a HL compatriot. She'll return next week for the semi-finals.
Inane Tweeter, Valpo Season Ticket holder, Beer Enjoyer

talksalot

I watched it... and I was impressed !! she beat a student from LSU and Northeastern.

agibson

I enjoy Jeopardy.  But, man, 3:30 PM air time in Chicago. Do they stream?

Kyle321n

Quote from: agibson on February 03, 2016, 12:17:13 PM

I don't know. I have it set up on my DVR to record everyday so I can watch it when I get home.

a3uge

Quote from: agibson on February 03, 2016, 12:17:13 PM
No.

agibson

Quote from: Kyle321n on February 03, 2016, 12:56:20 PMI have it set up on my DVR to record everyday so I can watch it when I get home.

Yeah, that must be a common solution these days.  I have trouble swallowing a monthly fee for something that seems like it should be a one-time purchase.  The VCR funding model was more intuitive to me than the current DVR model.

talksalot

sorry... my comcast cable has Channel 22 out of South Bend, where they air it at 6:30pm Central...

agibson

Quote from: talksalot on February 03, 2016, 01:56:10 PM
sorry... my comcast cable has Channel 22 out of South Bend, where they air it at 6:30pm Central...

Ooh - I never check those network duplicates.  I forget that they're not actually duplicates!  Good call.

talksalot

If you happen to catch the 3:30 airing on Channel-7 Chicago... you can really impress your friends when re-watching the 6:30 show...

Kyle321n

Wright State's Emily Bingham will be on Tuesday's show. She'll be going up against a game winner and a wild card qualifier. Should be a really good match.

historyman

I'd rather see Wright State IN jeopardy on Saturday at the ARC.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

historyman

**SPOILER**

WRONG STATE loses to USC, Augustana comes in $1 short.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

Kyle321n

Yeah, that was a rough double Jeopardy round for her. She needed some wagering errors from the other contestants in order to pull off the win. Oh well, she'll still get a good chunk of change and it was fun to see the Horizon League represented in something!