• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Rob Jeter fired at Milwaukee

Started by oklahomamick, March 17, 2016, 11:02:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

a3uge

Blaming UWM's disappointing season on not taking an overseas trip is a bit over the top...

blackpantheruwm

Quote from: a3uge on April 28, 2016, 09:49:08 PM
Blaming UWM's disappointing season on not taking an overseas trip is a bit over the top...

I'm not saying Milwaukee was going to win the conference or vault to the double-bye. I'm saying that the team would have gotten huge benefits from taking that foreign trip. That could have been a win or two or it could have been a bunch. You can't really quantify it, but our team lost a practice a week in 2014-15 and it showed. A summer trip adds five games against pro teams and a slew of practices.

Link: Mike Decourcy Story

"I think it's a huge advantage." - Mick Cronin, Cincinnati

Ask coaches how big it is.

Of course, there are a myriad of other things I can't talk about.

Chairback

UWM played to their potential this year.  To me the AD is pushing the program forward.  They got lucky a few years ago and got into the tourney however with Jeter the program was not on the rise whatsoever.  It's taken a few steps backwards the last couple of years.

Your theory of your AD contributing to us not making the NCAA is weird. 

I think everyone at UWM needs to get behind your new coach and quit bitchin.  I actually like your new coach.

historyman

Quote from: Chairback on April 29, 2016, 08:06:40 PM
UWM played to their potential this year.  To me the AD is pushing the program forward.  They got lucky a few years ago and got into the tourney however with Jeter the program was not on the rise whatsoever.  It's taken a few steps backwards the last couple of years.

Your theory of your AD contributing to us not making the NCAA is weird. 

I think everyone at UWM needs to get behind your new coach and quit bitchin.  I actually like your new coach.

I believe Panther is arguing that if not for the interference from Braun that sabotaged the MKE men's BB program would have kept Jeter successful enough to keep the fans behind Jeter and win enough games to make it much more difficult for Braun to fire Jeter without a severe backlash.

OTOH I don't believe Valpo gets an NCAAT nod unless the whole bottom half of the HL had better records. MKE having a better record would have certainly helped but more help from the teams lower than the Panthers was necessary to get the NCAA committee's  at-large bid.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

VULB#62

Although an improved UWM wouldn't hurt, the losses to Ball State, Belmont and at least one L to WSU is what really killed our at large bid. But thanks Panther for making the effort  ;)

historyman

Quote from: VULB#62 on April 30, 2016, 08:31:37 AM
Although an improved UWM wouldn't hurt, the losses to Ball State, Belmont and at least one L to WSU is what really killed our at large bid. But thanks Panther for making the effort  ;)

Yes, I was not responding to Valpo's losses. They are what they are. I was responding in retrospect saying that Milwaukee could not have gotten Valpo into the NCAAT on it's own with a better record. Obviously Valpo having a better record could have gotten Valpo a lot farther towards the NCAAT bid than anything else.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

VULB#62

Speaking of those loses, I can't help but believe, given the same set of circumstances against similar opponents next season, that Matt's intensity on the bench, would help the players to will themselves to wins in at least half of those games. As good as BD was as a coach, IMO and I stated this a number of times in the past, his more laid back style, at times, did not always inject that booster shot of adrenalin that a coach sometimes needs to introduce to help players get over the hump or out of a funk. Hell, we won 30 games this year with BD's style, so I am in no way saying those loses were on him. What I am speculating is perhaps more intensity at the right time might have had an impact and due to the closeness of some losing score could have made a difference. Conversely, in this next year scenario, Matt's overall bench coaching, despite the intensity factor, might also lose us a game or two BD might have won.

It's  style. I just personally prefer a bit of a controlled intensity style, because these are still kids we are talking about, not fully mature professionals, and sometimes they just need a verbal kick in the pants, instead of reasoning, to snap out of a funk and tune back in.

oklahomamick

Jeter will be an assistant at UNLV. 
CRUSADERS!!!

VULB#62

There's sh@#storm brewing in Milwaukee. Click the Media Milwaukee link below for details.

[tweet]729736785723568128[/tweet]

[tweet]729716565298565120[/tweet]

[tweet]729702458319048704[/tweet]

blackpantheruwm

It's important to note that Media Milwaukee, the student reporters' online website, had their open records request for a very small window of AD Amanda Braun's e-mails for a couple weeks during March. If there's evidence of sabotage, it's almost certainly not in the blacked out sections of those e-mails - only referenced.

covufan

Quote from: blackpantheruwm on May 11, 2016, 09:27:20 AM
It's important to note that Media Milwaukee, the student reporters' online website, had their open records request for a very small window of AD Amanda Braun's e-mails for a couple weeks during March. If there's evidence of sabotage, it's almost certainly not in the blacked out sections of those e-mails - only referenced.
Could you imagine going back a few or several months?

The one I saw only had recipients and a subject, everything else was redacted/blacked out.  How can anyone on either side be sure that email should have been included in the search? 

The student reporters are getting a valuable lesson in journalistic investigation.  Stay neutral and follow the story.

FWalum

Quoteby Jimmy Lemke blackpantheruwm
Tiby speaks out
    Matt Tiby to skip graduation:
    PantherVision Story Link: https://vimeo.com/166108062

Media Milwaukee Story Link: http://mediamilwaukee.com/uncategori...y-amanda-braun
    I couldn't be more proud of Tiby. He's not shedding his attachment to the university - he's standing up and showing more Panther Pride than anyone who is shoving their head into the ground and pretending nothing is wrong.
    We need wholesale change. Rob Jeter is no longer our coach. Now we need to do everything we can to make sure LaVall Jordan can succeed.
    Keeping the AD is one thing that cannot be on the list.
The Tennis coach firing which is also the lead story in this video https://vimeo.com/165927712 is very interesting.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

M

Their pg Johnson is headed to UNLV