• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

MBB 2016-17

Started by VULB#62, April 05, 2016, 08:43:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VUGrad1314

Quote from: VU2014 on July 07, 2017, 10:29:34 PM
Quote from: VULB#62 on July 07, 2017, 09:05:59 PMNice for their players, I guess, but analygous to teams who raise banners for just making a playoff.   Admittedly we will probably raise an HL regular season co-champs banner in November, but rings? Come on. And not to belabor a point but they backed into it when, without AP, we lost in the final away game of the season to allow them to tie.
Yeah banner I could see but rings was a bit much... I actually think this is more for recruiting then anything else. Oakland hasn't won much in recent history so they may be trying to puff their chest a little bit. They are blasting the "Champion" (*Co-Champ*) rings all over social media and they want recruits/fans to see them. Kampe needs impact recruits after these seniors expire their eligibility or get some more transfer. I'm pretty cynical on these things. I don't think its just about doing something nice for the team.

I hope they don't pull this crap if they win next year. They're supposed to. Falling short with the roster they have  would be as embarrassing as our 2015-2016 team falling short of a HL title would have been. Frankly the rings wouldn't impress me as a recruit. It just looks tacky especially when a quick google search would show that they didn't even win the title outright. It doesn't project power strength and dominance to recruits; on the contrary, it projects weakness and insecurity and indicates that the school has no culture of winning and no expectation of success.