• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Golden State going for 73-9 or Kobe's last game?

Started by VU2014, April 13, 2016, 07:39:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VU2014

Which are you watching?

I'm going with neither! Blackhawks!! But probably going to be flipping back in forth between the Hawks and GS game. I really don't want the GS to break the Bulls record (probably going to happen...). 1995-1996 Bulls >>>>>>>>>>>>> 2015-2016 Golden State.

As for Kobe... I could careless. This farewell tour is so over blown. Was he a great player? Yes. Is he in my Top 10 player of all time? Probably not. He was a massive star who scored a ton of buckets, good defender, and crazy competitor, but to be honest he wasn't the best player on his team for the first 3 championships. I don't dislike Kobe but people talk about him lately like he was MJ (which he wasn't). If you actually take a deep dive into basketball analytics, he wasn't a very efficient player in terms of all-time great players go.

M

Wrong thread police

I don't get any of those channels on my antenna, it will be a cold day in a hot place before I pay for TV! I will find the Hawks game on the radio or just the Cubs.

ValpoDad89

Ditto 2014. My wife won at a leukemia benefit, an autographed basketball by that '95/96 team that MaryAnn Childers gave her. It has everyone on it including Phil Jackson. I haven't had it authenticated because I have no intention of selling it....yet but I figured if GS breaks their record, it diminishes it's value a little bit. Someone actually offered me a grand for it but I couldn't take it. Again, those were special times and special memories. I think that Bulls team would annihilate the Warriors but history is what history says.

Selfish I know but that team was truly great and I know the Warriors are great in their own right just not in the area of that Bulls teams greatness.

M

That's smart...if it's actually signed by that whole team that ball is worth a lot more then a grand.

ValpoDad89

M, it is. It has Jud Beuchler on it for crying out loud!!!! From what I remember it has Jordan, Jackson, Pippen, Rodman, Cartwright, BJ Armstrong, Randy Brown, Jud Buechler, Ron Harper, Steve Kerr, Jack Haley, Luc Longley, Toni Kukoc and Bill Wennington. I went and grabbed it out of storage in my basement. Ironically, Steve Kerr is on that team and the coach of Golden State.

justducky

Quote from: ValpoDad89 on April 13, 2016, 09:21:00 PMFrom what I remember it has Jordan, Jackson, Pippen, Rodman, Cartwright, BJ Armstrong, Randy Brown, Jud Buechler, Ron Harper, Steve Kerr, Jack Haley, Luc Longley, Toni Kukoc and Bill Wennington.
What- no Cliff Levingston? Throw it in the trash!  ::)

VU2014

Well Kobe went off for 60 points in his final game.... on 50 shots

bbtds

Quote from: justducky on April 13, 2016, 10:05:58 PM
Quote from: ValpoDad89 on April 13, 2016, 09:21:00 PMFrom what I remember it has Jordan, Jackson, Pippen, Rodman, Cartwright, BJ Armstrong, Randy Brown, Jud Buechler, Ron Harper, Steve Kerr, Jack Haley, Luc Longley, Toni Kukoc and Bill Wennington.
What- no Cliff Levingston? Throw it in the trash!  ::)

I know of a connection your daughter might have to get Levingston to sign that ball after the fact. :-)