• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Texas Tech poaches UNLV's new Head Coach

Started by VU2014, April 15, 2016, 02:05:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VU2014

I thought we had a rough week losing Bryce, but UNLV... Their newly hired head coach Chris Beard leaves for another job after ONE week!!! I would be infuriated if I were a UNLV fan, player or administrator. What a low class individual. You proclaim your excitement and gratitude a week earlier to only to leave them for Texas Tech. Such a sleaze move by Chris Beard and the Texas Tech athletic department.

I'm all for coaches reaching for getting a raise and leaving for better opportunities in most cases but this is classless. If I'm a recruit and I see this and Chris Beard give you a call I would hang up the phone.

"UNLV athletic director Tina Kunzer-Murphy made the announcement in a statement issued at 11:11 a.m.

"This unprecedented move is extremely disappointing to the President (Len Jessup) and I, for our program and to our fans," Kunzer-Murphy said. "Our search process allowed us to develop a deep pool of qualified candidates, from which we will select a great coach who really wants to be here and who will honor his commitments in leading the Runnin' Rebels.""

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/15210975/chris-beard-coach-texas-tech-red-raiders-less-week-accepting-unlv-job

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGgWlll7CA8

IndyValpo

For those who do not know, this guy worked at Texas Tech under the world's biggest hypocrite Bob Knight. He learned from the master.....

VU2014

Bob Knight has his flaws and keeps a mean grudge, but the guy was a hell of a coach and stayed with Indiana for 30 years. I just have such a hard to time having any respect for chris beard.

Kyle321n

Alright so now we're going to lose Lottich to UNLV right?
Inane Tweeter, Valpo Season Ticket holder, Beer Enjoyer

valpotx

It also has to do with UNLV's board only approving his hire 9-4.  That was made public to him in a press conference.  I wouldn't want to work somewhere where almost 33% of your 'bosses' didn't want you. 
"Don't mess with Texas"

StlVUFan

And his family lives in Lubbock, right?

Either Gary Parrish or Andy Glockner was on twitter today defending the guy.