• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Kampe article

Started by oklahomamick, May 03, 2016, 08:59:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

covufan

With his 32 years at Oakland and his coaching record, he deserves to be included on his exit plan.  Oakland needs to realize the capital commitment needed to make the next step.  At any time in the next three years, there is no way for Oakland to replace Kampe with a better coach at the same pay.  Oakland needs to realize how lucky they are.

VULB#62

We complain at times about perceived weak support given to our athletic program, but, compared to what we are reading about OU, I guess we are in a much better place.

[I do question that Felder would have been a consensus 1st team preseason AA, but that's the OU beat writer talking]

valpotx

He also mentioned that they would be the pick to win the HL, which also wouldn't be the case if Peters and Carter return.
"Don't mess with Texas"

agibson

I'm not sure about receiving votes from the AP, either. But, who knows?

Interesting piece, for sure.

bbtds

Quote from: agibson on May 03, 2016, 09:38:04 PM
I'm not sure about receiving votes from the AP, either. But, who knows?

Interesting piece, for sure.

No, Greg still swears it's not a hair piece. At least it's not white hair like George Hill's hair.

oklahomamick

The salary was even lower for Kampe and his staff when playing in the Summit.  When Oakland made the jump to the Summit League 2.0 (HL) Kampe received $50,000 raise.  His staff saw a $100,000 increase.   

These numbers are still low compared to what Wright State pays. 

Can someone put together the HL coaching salaries and budget? 
CRUSADERS!!!

a3uge

Quote from: oklahomamick on May 04, 2016, 07:23:34 AM
The salary was even lower for Kampe and his staff when playing in the Summit.  When Oakland made the jump to the Summit League 2.0 (HL) Kampe received $50,000 raise.  His staff saw a $100,000 increase.   

These numbers are still low compared to what Wright State pays. 

Can someone put together the HL coaching salaries and budget?
Scott Nagy got a 5 year, $2.5 million contract. I think his half a million salary is at the top of the league.