• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Kampe and Oakland do it again

Started by oklahomamick, May 05, 2016, 10:21:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oklahomamick

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/2016/05/05/stevie-clark-oakland/83985500/

Oakland signs a Big12 transfer with a criminal background.  I remember watching Stevie Clark at Okie State.  He is good and quick - number 68 nationally in 2013 recruiting class.  It's been a couple years since he competed at the DI level but I would compare him to Felder good.  (I may have to eat those words, we shall see)  What was he arrested for?  Marijuana and another incident were he was peeing out the window of a moving vehicle.  I understand Stillwater is dull and its tough to find entertainment but he had other choices.  After being dismissed from OSU (he had so many chances and the local papers and radio stations couldn't believe it) Stevie tried suing the university.  He's with Oakland now. 
CRUSADERS!!!

M

Kampe has done this before.  I assume the player has no leash.  How have the other player(s) with sketchy pasts worked out for Oakland?

StlVUFan

One of the Walkers this year, I want to say.  All I know is there was no off-court news about him.

I know this will come as a big shock to everyone  :lol: but I'm still willing to buy that Kampe means it when he says that.

IndyValpo

Ah, the annual Father Flanigan article.... I doubt there is a situation where a player would not be signed by Kampe if he could help him win.

Usually works out, sometimes it doesn't and Kampe gets the media coverage.   

vu84v2

Clark played behind Smart and Phil Forte, so he did not get much playing time. Still, he played in less than half of Oklahoma State's game due to suspensions and other issues. I hope that he has matured greatly and is ready to succeed at the D1 level. I strongly doubt that he is a Felder quality player, but he could be a solid contributor.

oklahomamick

This is the 4th big 12 4* star recruit to transfer to Oakland.  Kampe also managed to get Georgia to the O'rena next year.  Hats off to the guy.   :thumbsup:
CRUSADERS!!!