• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

2016 Enrollment

Started by vu72, August 25, 2016, 03:26:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbtds

Speaking of large enrollment at VU in 1905 or years around that time.

I hope nobody misspelled their major if they were taking phonography.  :-[

Phonography, meaning "sound writing" in Greek, may refer to:
The use of a phonograph
Pitman shorthand, sometimes called phonography, a system of shorthand stenography developed by Isaac Pitman
Phonography, a neologism used by some to refer to field recording

agibson

bbtds

Valpo really should have something named OPK. They have had two very important leaders with the initials OPK, Otto Paul Kretzmann and O.P. Kinsey.

wh

Quote from: valporun on September 28, 2016, 05:37:40 PM
Quote from: talksalot on September 28, 2016, 04:20:09 PM
Chicago State total incoming freshman class:    86

The woes of the uncertainty of the doors staying open until it was too late. Gotta love the corrupt political happenings of the State of Illinois under a Republican governor that actually can do something to manage money, even if in most cases it is leaving it hanging over our heads until the worst could happen.

The following 2 terms have been banned from public use in the State of Illinois since 2001 (last time it balanced a budget):

Fiscal responsibility - implies a government pursues the appropriate level of government spending and tax to:
Maintain sustainable public finances.
Ensure fiscal policy aids the optimal rate of economic growth.
Maintain appropriate levels of public investment.

No - a negative answer or decision, as in voting

I would imagine that nothing could be more fun than spending other people's money like it grows on trees, all the while being hailed as a feeling, caring champion of the people.  Unfortunately (and this would be a news flash in the Land of Lincoln), money doesn't grow on trees - even government money. Now the fun is over, and two things are certain - (1) thousands of innocent lives will be hurt (the Chicago State thing is only the beginning), and (2) the hapless legislators who created this problem are completely and utterly unqualified to fix it.  The current governor's greatest fault in all this - running for Governor and winning. What in the world was he thinking???  Trying to clean up this mess would be like me trying to work with my 2 youngest grandchildren (8 and 5) to clean up a family spending problem, when they were the ones who spent all the money and hold the veto power to keep me from doing what needs to be done to fix it. Impossible.

Now, back to discussion of a model of fiscal responsibility - Valparaiso University - and another of its numerous success stories.