• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

The Unread Posts Button Not Working

Started by bbtds, September 06, 2016, 10:26:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbtds

At the moment the unread posts button doesn't seem to be working for me at all. Before it would skip some of the older unread posts but within the last week it isn't bringing up any posts. Thanks for looking into it.

valpo04

Quote from: bbtds on September 06, 2016, 10:26:10 AM
At the moment the unread posts button doesn't seem to be working for me at all. Before it would skip some of the older unread posts but within the last week it isn't bringing up any posts. Thanks for looking into it.

Hello,

Which button are you referring to? Are you clicking on the "new" icon next to the title or somewhere else?

bbtds

Quote from: valpo04 on September 06, 2016, 01:29:33 PM

Hello,

Which button are you referring to? Are you clicking on the "new" icon next to the title or somewhere else?

The button under the Hello, (NAME)
It says

Show unread posts since last visit.

It seems to be working again. I'll let you know if it stops in the future.

valpo04

Quote from: bbtds on September 06, 2016, 04:07:54 PM

Hello,

It says

Gotcha. I will keep an eye out as well.

FWalum

Lots of stuff missing today.

Name and Avatar in area below banner along with the 3 shortcuts to new posts and messages.

Show unread posts since last visit.   This is missing
Show new replies to your posts (or something like that)  This is missing along with one other item I believe referring to new messages, but I never really used that very often so I forgot what it is.

My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

valpo04

Quote from: FWalum on February 28, 2017, 11:23:05 AM
Lots of stuff missing today.

Name and Avatar in area below banner along with the 3 shortcuts to new posts and messages.

Show unread posts since last visit.   This is missing
Show new replies to your posts (or something like that)  This is missing along with one other item I believe referring to new messages, but I never really used that very often so I forgot what it is.

Are you still seeing this issue? Check the little arrow in the top right corner of the screen. That toggles those on and off.

FWalum

Thank you, 

Have never had that happen to me before, not sure how I changed that.  You would think as a software consultant I could have figured that out for myself.   >:(
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

historyman

Quote from: valpo04 on September 07, 2016, 01:29:08 PM

Hello,

It says

The issue with the
Show unread posts since last visit. button seems to be happening again.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

valpo04

Quote from: historyman on July 28, 2018, 08:49:49 AM
Quote from: valpo04 on September 07, 2016, 01:29:08 PM

Hello,

It says

The issue with the
Show unread posts since last visit. button seems to be happening again.

Sorry to hear this. I just tried it and it worked for me. It may be a cookies/cache issue, especially with the switch to SSL. Let me know if the problem persists and I'll look into it further.