• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Women's Basketball 2016-2017

Started by valporun, November 25, 2016, 07:20:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndyValpo

Quote from: jack on July 05, 2017, 09:18:57 AM
I can't imagine a 2 month stint at a small D1 school would improve his stock any. I've got to agree with tx. It's hard to get a handle on a program until your on the inside. With the revolving door we've had, and the people still in place, it must have seemed like too daunting a task to embark on. A couple of seasons with this program on your resume, if things don't change, could hurt your stock.
College assistants bounce around looking for better opportunities though they usually stay at least a year. No doubt UC is a better job. It is easier for coaches to find a job when they have a job. He was out of work when we hired him.

usc4valpo

Who knows - he may have been better off staying to take over Dorow after she is fired, which I presume will be within the next 300 days.

NativeCheesehead

Pretty unconventional to hire a current assistant of a head coach fired for performance. I really just think the whole program needs a hard reset. Dorow has recruited pretty well, at least on paper. But her in game coaching and player development are awful. A new coach in 2018 could come in and have some decent talent to work with and hopefully be competitive right away.

jack

This program, in my opinion, has squandered far too much talent over the last several years. At some point, it's time for a new approach. There has been no improvement under this staff, with their philosophy. It's predictable and vanilla. These players deserve a chance to be successful.

covufan

Quote from: usc4valpo on July 06, 2017, 08:34:02 AM
Who knows - he may have been better off staying to take over Dorow after she is fired, which I presume will be within the next 300 days.
I'm thinking that the over/under is 260 days from your 6 July post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

usc4valpo

So I made this post July 6. If Dorow gets canned let's say on March 15, it would be 243 days, which is reasonable.

I think now that Valpo is in a more competitive conference, they will be less hesitant to pull the trigger. This situation is similar to Dale Carlson's football tenure but not as extreme.

FWalum

Quote from: usc4valpo on July 15, 2017, 10:28:22 PM
So I made this post July 6. If Dorow gets canned let's say on March 15, it would be 243 days, which is reasonable.

I think now that Valpo is in a more competitive conference, they will be less hesitant to pull the trigger. This situation is similar to Dale Carlson's football tenure but not as extreme.

If there is no significant improvement this year then the staff will be completely exposed (Jack would argue that they already have been and I probably agree).  The MVC should offer more consistent higher level competition, this will make improvement a difficult task. Unless a miracle happens I am not sure how she survives.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

valpopal

Could the Women's team use its own A. Peters? Check out #25 (class of 2019) in the following highlights:

[size=78%]http://www.hudl.com/video/3/9306620/59834a9ef31d2f26187bd7e3[/size]

jack

Unfortunately, talent is not our Achilles  heal. Hasn't been for some time.

IndyValpo

Quote from: VU2014 on August 28, 2017, 04:24:52 PM
https://twitter.com/valpoathletics/status/902258884013768704
This is the schedule they should have had for years. This program needs wins, period. Two non D1's plus every D1 with the exception of Purdue is winnable. What will they finish the preseason at?

VU2014

VU2014