• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Congrats to the Summit

Started by IndyValpo, January 28, 2017, 11:10:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndyValpo

The Summit League thought by some a few years ago to be on death's door has comeback nicely.

The latest example, U of North Dakota is leaving the Big Sky to become the 10th member of the league.

oklahomamick

After losing valpo and Oakland things didn't look good.  Almost half the schools are the Dakota state schools.  Summit have rebounded nicely adding and the new Dakota - forgot which one.

however the summit will be back to 9 when valpo leaves the HL and IPFW joins.
CRUSADERS!!!

VULB#62

IndyValpo

Quote from: oklahomamick on February 03, 2017, 06:56:14 AMhowever the summit will be back to 9 when valpo leaves the HL and IPFW joins.

If we leave the HL I suspect that several conferences will be affected.

bbtds

Quote from: oklahomamick on February 03, 2017, 06:56:14 AM
After losing valpo and Oakland things didn't look good.  Almost half the schools are the Dakota state schools.  Summit have rebounded nicely adding and the new Dakota - forgot which one.

however the summit will be back to 9 when valpo leaves the HL and IPFW joins.

For clarity the four Dakota schools are

North Dakota State in Fargo (Bison, pronounced bI-zon),

South Dakota in Vermillion, SD (near the southeast corner SD) are the Coyotes.

South Dakota State in Brookings (1.5 hours north of USD on I-29, level north & south with Mankato, MN, so southwest of the Twin Cities) are the Jackrabbits or just the Jacks

The new school to the Summit League is North Dakota in Grand Forks, ND  (1 hour north of Fargo on I-29, the farthest north school in the Summit) are formerly the Fighting Sioux but were forced to go nicknameless for a few years before finally getting the nickname Fighting Hawks in 2015.