• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Lexus Williams Transferring

Started by VU2014, March 22, 2017, 04:32:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chairback

if Trevor Anderson got a spot on Wisconsin, I have to assume their is no spot for Lexus now.

VULB#62

Quote from: Chairback on May 08, 2017, 06:45:28 PM
if Trevor Anderson got a spot on Wisconsin, I have to assume their is no spot for Lexus now.

But Anderson is an UG xfer.  Lexus, immediately eligible, will fill that slot for next season.

covufan

Quote from: VULB#62 on May 08, 2017, 07:31:00 PM
Quote from: Chairback on May 08, 2017, 06:45:28 PM

But Anderson is an UG xfer.  Lexus, imediately eligible, will fill that slot for next season.
From Verbal Commits Wisconsin still has two openings for next year and no seniors.  I believe that Trevor Anderson will have to sit out one year, but will most likely be a walk-on.  Wisconsin has a bunch of walk-ons.

http://www.verbalcommits.com/schools/wisconsin

VULB#62

He's at Boise State today.

[tweet]870311095998742528[/tweet]

Been to NMSU (offer), Wisconsin, Oakland (offer) and might visit Mississippi State after Boise (?).

No news on his Twitter site right now.

bigmosmithfan1

Congrats to Lexus... we'll definitely miss his leadership next year. Boise definitely just got one of the good guys.

VULB#62

That makes one former and one "almost" Valpo player xferring to Boise State.  Congrats Lexus.  :clap: :clap: :clap:       Represent yourself (and Valpo) well. Nice jump in competition for him in the Mountain West.

valpotx

Congrats to him.  I think that this was a better choice than pursuing a Power 5 longshot.  Boise State is a decent program, and he should get minutes.
"Don't mess with Texas"

vu72

Quote from: valpotx on June 09, 2017, 05:53:47 AM
Congrats to him.  I think that this was a better choice than pursuing a Power 5 longshot.  Boise State is a decent program, and he should get minutes.

Not to be picky, but I doubt he is going to Boise to only "get minutes".  He could have stayed at Valpo for that.  I'm pretty sure the expectation for Lexus is to be the starter.  I would be very surprised if he is only a guy coming off the bench or a role player.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

VU2014

Quote from: vu72 on June 09, 2017, 08:48:49 AM
Quote from: valpotx on June 09, 2017, 05:53:47 AM

Not to be picky, but I doubt he is going to Boise to only "get minutes".  He could have stayed at Valpo for that.  I'm pretty sure the expectation for Lexus is to be the starter.  I would be very surprised if he is only a guy coming off the bench or a role player.

Lexus definitely would have played at Valpo but he'd be competing with Bakari (project starter), Micah (who still a question mark but will be given every opportunity to prove himself because he'll only be a Sophomore) and Max is also in play at PG off the bench.

Boise State lost their star PG to some pretty egregious transfer poaching. Lexus will definitely get an opportunity to get minutes and compete for their starting point guard spot.

VU2014

https://twitter.com/disabato/status/958714094911041537

Disabato: Marist graduate Lexus Williams' leap of faith rewarded Boise State
Pat Disabato
Daily Southtown

January 20, 2018

Lexus Williams could have stayed at Valparaiso .

With one year of eligibility remaining, that would have been the comfortable path to choose. To cap off a college basketball career that was plagued by a pair of serious knee injuries by sticking to the status quo.

Williams, however, wanted something Valparaiso couldn't provide.

"I was looking for a bigger opportunity," Williams said. "I believe I deserved it with everything I had gone through. Most of all, I wanted to win."

The Marist graduate's leap of faith has been rewarded.

.........  http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/daily-southtown/sports/ct-sta-pat-disabato-column-st-0131-20180130-story.html

VULB#62

VU2014

Quote from: VULB#62 on January 31, 2018, 08:16:01 PM
Good for Lexus. Love the kid.

I'm happy for Lexus as well. A great kid and also a leader. If he ever wants to get into coaching I'd love to see him join Valpo as Grad Assistant then maybe rise through the ranks to DOB then head coach. High basketball IQ and personable to recruit kids.