• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

The Valley is a significant jump in the level of competition for Baseball

Started by VU2014, June 14, 2017, 08:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VU2014

The MVC is a great baseball Conference and I think Valpo can hold our own but how long will it take us realistically to be challenging for a MVC Title? There are some really good programs in the MVC like Missouri State.

What will needs to happen and what would be the time table for this?

https://twitter.com/Mike_Rooney/status/875125966452002820

valpotx

We won't ever challenge for the league title, unfortunately, but we can be a top 3-4 team.  Dallas Baptist and Missouri State are just too good at the moment.  Since the conference is better, if we take care of business out-of-conference, we can be in discussion for an at-large, as Indiana State has in the past.
"Don't mess with Texas"

bigmosmithfan1

I wonder if Valpo will look at putting together a bid to eventually host the MVC baseball tourney at the Steel Yard (assuming Em Bauer will be too small to host). It looks like the tourney moves around regularly.

bbtds

Quote from: bigmosmithfan1 on June 15, 2017, 02:16:35 PM
I wonder if Valpo will look at putting together a bid to eventually host the MVC baseball tourney at the Steel Yard (assuming Em Bauer will be too small to host). It looks like the tourney moves around regularly.

More likely the baseball field they used the last time Valpo hosted the HL Baseball Tournament which was the BP provided field in Whiting, IN. It didn't have the greatest optics or smells but it was a very good field for a college baseball tournament. The Steel Yard doesn't appear to easy to schedule since the Railcats have been busier in the American Association and their playoffs.