• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

2017 Men's Soccer Season

Started by VULB#62, August 29, 2017, 11:04:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpotx

Watching that goal in real-time was pretty spectacular.  Unfortunately, we underperformed in conference again, with such promise in the non-conference results.
"Don't mess with Texas"

agibson

Stand-out Ramone Teacha' Howell just signed with the new Nashville USL (minor league) club

[tweet]955848387760476160[/tweet]

Should be a good time to be playing soccer in Nashville. First season in the USL. With an MLS team coming. Should be a lot of energy.

The other recent signees look like non-D1 guys. So, hopefully that means there's playing time for Ramone, but I'm wondering how competitive the side will be.

In other news, goalkeeper coach David Stroud is moving on: taking a JUCO head coaching job. Down the road in Benton Harbor, Michigan. Looks like probably a rebuilding effort with the team going 1-10-1 last season. The program had some success in its first season, having operated for five seasons now under its inaugural head coach. Sounds like a chance for Stroud to cut his teeth and show his stuff.

Congrats to David! (And, to add to the congratulations, he's just become a father for the first time!) He'll definitely be missed.

[tweet]954359782055477248[/tweet]

valpotx

This positions Ramone well to potentially make the MLS roster next season.  Congrats to him!
"Don't mess with Texas"

agibson

Quote from: valpotx on January 23, 2018, 07:48:08 PM
This positions Ramone well to potentially make the MLS roster next season.  Congrats to him!

It certainly can't hurt. I'm guessing that maybe they'll keep the USL club (MLS has been heavily encouraging, maybe requiring, some kind of affiliated minor league club, right?), too. Rather than turn the USL club into the MLS club. But, I'm certainly just guessing.

And, as a kind of extended audition in the city - with presumably the MLS coaching staff, when they're named, taking in games - it sure can't hurt.

agibson

Did we have a soccer pros thread some place?

Nice to see that Zev Taublieb is still at it. Signed in the Swedish second division after apparently scoring in both of his trial matches.

After leaving Sacramento it seemed like he never managed to break in to the lineup, neither at Charlotte nor Wilmington. Just an occasional sub appearance. So, I'm glad to see he's still got some fire in his belly.

VULB#62

Start it. We also have a couple of others tofollow as well as Ramon going forward.

valpotx

Stefan is in Norway, I believe, while Zobeck still makes very minimal appearances at NY Cosmos
"Don't mess with Texas"