Jump to

Author Topic: Osteen  (Read 194 times)

Offline usc4valpo

• Legend
    • View Profile
Osteen
« on: August 31, 2017, 10:47:28 AM »
After seeing Osteen covering his behind regarding how he prohibited Hurricane Harvey victims from seeking shelter, he has demonstrated that he is scum and detriments what Christianity is about.

Offline covufan

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Osteen
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2017, 02:15:28 PM »
After seeing Osteen covering his behind regarding how he prohibited Hurricane Harvey victims from seeking shelter, he has demonstrated that he is scum and detriments what Christianity is about.

Shields UP!

Offline usc4valpo

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2017, 02:19:28 PM »
Wise comeback.

For 4 long grueling years we had motivational quotes from a pimp preacher and a 3-41 record.

Offline historyman

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2017, 04:26:03 AM »
I don't see the need to keep harping on about Osteen and Coach Carlson long after the former coach has been gone. I believe almost all of us have long forgotten this tie in of Carlson's motivational technique. It's now time to finally let it go. If anyone is still following Osteen it may be because you are still harping on it 4 years after Carlson has left Valpo and because you keep bringing it up.

Let it go, man!
The more you know about the past, the better prepared you are for the future.
----Theodore Roosevelt

Offline bbtds

• Legend
  • Building our way to the top of Arch Madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2017, 11:05:25 AM »
I don't see the need to keep harping on about Osteen and Coach Carlson long after the former coach has been gone. I believe almost all of us have long forgotten this tie in of Carlson's motivational technique. It's now time to finally let it go. If anyone is still following Osteen it may be because you are still harping on it 4 years after Carlson has left Valpo and because you keep bringing it up.

Let it go, man!

You might not have seen that Osteen was recently in the news during the Hurricane Harvey/Houston weather story. Osteen did not ORIGINALLY open up his Lakewood Church to the homeless because Pastor Osteen said the church was flooded. Because of an outcry on social media and other media groups on August 29 Osteen sent out this statement:

Victoria and I care deeply about our fellow Houstonians. Lakewood’s doors are open and we are receiving anyone who needs shelter.

A photo of air mattresses purchased by Lakewood Church for the homeless was included in a follow up tweet.

Maybe USC could ask the Houston church if they would like to donate any air mattresses to one of his causes in the days after the homeless no longer have a need for Lakewood Church.  ;)

In this USA Today story Osteen tries to explain the storm caught his group by surprise and that they were unsure of how safe it would be to allow the homeless in if the church became flooded.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2017/09/02/joel-osteen-right-close-lakewood-church-but-he-lost-chance-teach-christianity-kirkland-an-column/622215001/
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 11:10:54 AM by bbtds »
Now is the time to win, just win!

Offline usc4valpo

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2017, 11:10:54 AM »
In reality, my harp was how Osteen is a pimp preacher, I did not start the Carlson discussion although the reply was genius and entertaining. This is why this topic is in the general section. My thoughts were to get feedback from those supporting a Christian university. Thanks co for getting me into trouble.  ;)

I am thankful that Coach Cecchini does not quote that hypocrite, as you would find more genuine inspiration from the words of Hunter S. Thompson. Osteen's actions during Hurricane Harvey were despicable.