• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Game #0 - EXH - Robert Morris (Chicago) Thursday 11/2/17 7pm ARC

Started by talksalot, October 20, 2017, 10:10:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VU2014

Quote from: crusadermoe on November 04, 2017, 12:13:46 PM
That's quite a load to lay on the young man.  Although Alec wasn't nearly the athlete as a freshman that he was as a junior/senior he was clearly a lights out shooter as a freshman. 

I think they're just 2 different types of players. Parker is clearly quicker and more athletic but Alec always had that elite shooting touch coming in his freshman year. I'm not sure you can teach Alec's special shooting abilities. It's unfair to Parker to compare the two. Parker had a few freshman moments in the RMU game but he didn't look bad and had knack for bring down rebounds which was nice to see from a such a young player.

QuoteLinssen I don't think will see a lot of time, but his big body should come in handy.  The way he runs up and down the court makes me smile.  I think he might get on some ankle breaker highlights if he gets switched off on a ball handler.

Yeah Linssen is a big kid. It'll be interesting to see how he fits into the mix this season and beyond. I think Linssen will get some playing time against Loyola. Loyola has a BIG bodied 6-9 freshman Center name Cameron Krutwig who will have some epic battles against Linssen the next 4 years. I have a buddy who is a Loyola alum and he saw one of their exhibitions and he said he's a bulldozer down in the paint. The kid is listed at 260 lbs. I think we'll see them matched up when each is on the court at some point. One advantage Linssen may have is that he apparent has nice mid-range game which could be a factor in the future.

historyman

Quote from: talksalot on November 02, 2017, 11:05:35 AMWhat a great night for the officials at Peoria last night....

we had this crew at the ARC a couple of years ago...

Rick O'Neill, Mike O'Neill, Tom O'Neill Jr.

They could pull off this sequence at the scorers table.

Official Scorer: Who was that foul on?

RO: I'm not sure let's ask Mr. O'Neill.

RO to TO: Who was that foul on?

TO: I don't know. Mr. O'Neill called it.

TO to MO: Who was that foul on?

MO: I don't know. Mr. O'Neill made the call.

RO: That's right.

RO to Official Scorer: The foul was on #24 according to Mr. O'Neill.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann