• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

The inept Pioneer conference

Started by usc4valpo, October 22, 2017, 11:14:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

usc4valpo

I just looked at the Sagarin and the mighty Pioneer conference is ranked dead last in college football. not good news.

JD24

Quote from: usc4valpo on November 05, 2017, 11:50:12 AMI just looked at the Sagarin and the mighty Pioneer conference is ranked dead last in college football. not good news.

As stated by others....why would this be a surprise or news of any kind to anyone?

covufan

Quote from: JD24 on November 05, 2017, 12:09:37 PM
Quote from: usc4valpo on November 05, 2017, 11:50:12 AMI just looked at the Sagarin and the mighty Pioneer conference is ranked dead last in college football. not good news.

As stated by others....why would this be a surprise or news of any kind to anyone?
This should be expected.  Remember, the sagarin rankings are Division I rankings, not all of college football.  Of all the Division I conferences, the only one that is truly non-scholarship and modeled after a Division III conference, most would expect the Pioneer League to be last in Division I.

VULB#62

But of the AQ's, it was nice to see USD WIN their first game last year in the FCS playoffs. We can all aspire!

OTOH, if the Ivy league were to ever decide to participate in the FCS playoffs (so stupid IMO cuz they participate in every other NCAA playoff and these kids are supposed to be smart so they should be able to miss a few classes and still not flunk out), that would have an impact on us, more than any other conference.  Why? Because they are (theoretically) non-scholarship as well.

historyman

Quote from: JD24 on October 31, 2017, 10:40:58 AM
Quote from: VULB#62 on October 30, 2017, 10:31:57 PMThis isn't a PFL-specific post, but it is directed at a PFL team: Marist. I checked their forum and noted that the posters there are posting severe criticism of the administration, coaches, and whatever they can find. The mediocrity that 4 years ago we'd  die for is not enough. Now there is talk about getting rid of football.  It seems one culprit is the pursuit of academic excellence.   Give me a break.

The Red Fox fans have an overly high opinion of where the football program has been and thus have some level of unearned elitism....or at least some of them do.

I think those Red Fox fans are full of Smits!!
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann