• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

MVC Basketball Media Day: 2017-2018

Started by VU2014, October 23, 2017, 03:04:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FieldGoodie05

Quote from: VUGrad1314 on October 27, 2017, 05:55:05 PM
I understand your feelings concerning NKU and earning it I really do but I really believe that they are in the beginning stages of becoming an EXTREMELY good program across the board in multiple sports plus it brings in the Cincinnati market and makes the MVC the  premier mid-major league in the state of Kentucky I just think that projecting forward both Murray State and NKU have serious potential to become leading members of the MVC and those are the kind of schools we need to be adding

Geographical location isn't something we can change.  The Valley clearly wants proximity to schools as a top priority.

A proven track record hasn't made Evansville any more competitive from what I've read, so why does a lack of a track record prevent NKU from earning the spot?  Body of work aside, who in our league footprint has nicer facilities?

Now this argument smells a lot like Loyola to the Valley years back....but something to consider.

VUGrad1314

I think NKU's recent athletic profile even going back to their D2 days suggests to me that they'll be a heck of a lot more competitive than Loyola has been in most sports. I think a better facsimile for Loyola is none other than UWM  Sure they had a baseball player drafted in the second round last year and are recruiting better with their new coaching staff but I need to see some serious results before I overlook what an absolute trainwreck their athletics department is. I think they have potential to be an asset to the MVC but until they make a leadership change I fear that they'll become an albatross and the MVC just can't afford that right now