• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

UCLA players arrested in China apologize and are suspended

Started by oklahomamick, November 17, 2017, 09:16:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oklahomamick

We know the story.  The question is how would Valpo handle this?  Would Labarbra or Lottich have the final say?  What would the final say be? 
Side note: This happened in Hangzhou, where I completed my internship and Valpo takes students every summer. 
CRUSADERS!!!

wh

Haven't they been suspended indefinitely? 

Is it my imagination, or does there there seem to be a bit of moral cleansing of sorts going on right now in the United States?  People taking other people's property without fear of consequence being exposed and dealt with harshly as they should be, coaches, players, AAU scum and athletic apparel employees exposed for a bribery, despicable Hollywood execs and actors, members of Congress being exposed for years of sexual abuse, Clinton and old man Bush being held up to ridicule by those that protected them for a generation, push-back against disrespecting the flag, Congressional sexual harassment slush fund being exposed, etc. A lot of things at one time, and who know where the ax is going to drop next?

M

When I heard indefinite suspension I just assumed they'd be back for the start of their conference season.

bbtds

Quote from: M on November 17, 2017, 12:10:09 PM
When I heard indefinite suspension I just assumed they'd be back for the start of their conference season.

I think Steve Alford and the UCLA administration is gauging home soon they can play these 3 student athletes without causing an uproar from the public. They must be punished sufficiently.