• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Good news for 85% of Valpo’s student population

Started by wh, December 15, 2017, 03:56:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpotx

I have been dreading this decision by this crappy administration.  Don't get me wrong, I am a Republican/conservative, but I hate Trump :).

If anyone truly believes that the H1B and H4 EAD programs take away jobs from Americans, you have no clue.  As someone that works for and hires for a tech company, it is American citizens that are to blame, and not these hard working immigrants.  Our school systems fail us by not pushing more graduates towards the STEM route.  I can guarantee you that we do not underpay for our visa holders at my company, as they receive the same rate that we would pay for any US citizen or Green Card holder.  Yes, there are some companies that abuse the system, but they are mainly the consulting companies that are based elsewhere (TCS, Infosys, etc).  The Disney example that the alt right likes to use is from 10 or so years ago, and is not the idea behind the program.  Without these hard working H1B and H4 workers, our innovation will be stifled.  Just look at how many tech companies were founded by legal immigrants to the US.  Russia and China will gladly open their doors to these intelligent folks, and it will further give them a competitive advantage over our economy going forward.  I mean seriously, the spouse is just supposed to stay at home up until the primary visa holder gains GC status (which can take 10-11+ years for Indian and Chinese visa holders)?  How draconian can our country be right now...

In my opinion, a good majority of Americans have become complacent and lazy, expecting high paying jobs to be dealt out to you just because you have a degree and you were lucky enough to be born in the US.  Feel free to bash me for this opinion all you want, but I live it every day when speaking with people that expect to be handed such things, and really, they are rated as Junior level knowledge after our interviews.
"Don't mess with Texas"