• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

At Bradley Jan 3 7:00 PM CST Wardle we do now?

Started by justducky, December 31, 2017, 09:16:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpopal

Quote from: vu72 on January 02, 2018, 07:10:25 PM
Matt is really good at giving you nothing of any substance.  Obviously that is by design.

I agree, and I am not being critical of Matt or Todd. Apparently both are giving what they agreed to offer. However, if Todd is precluded from asking the questions on the minds of fans and Matt by design is good at giving no substantive responses, then viewers receive no new or significant information. In fact, it appeared as if the interview was just pro forma and reluctantly conducted just because one is scheduled each week. So, my question becomes why should we want to watch?

FieldGoodie05

Quote from: EddieCabot on January 02, 2018, 08:46:20 PM
Quote from: valpopal on January 02, 2018, 06:10:35 PM
Just watched Todd's weekly interview with Lottich, and the most interesting features were the lack of answers to unasked questions and what was left out. There was no explanation or expectation mentioned about Burton. There wasn't any reason given for the fact that Hazen never even stepped on the court in the last game. (Lottich only mentioned Hazen in passing and that he hoped Parker would regain his confidence in practices.) Nothing was said about Evelyn's status (illness or otherwise) that caused him to have diminished minutes and a poor performance in the last game. In addition, Lottich only had generic comments (need to guard the three-point line and hit our shots) about the upcoming Bradley game in response to a final question. It was not an inspiring interview. I don't mean that as a criticism of Lottich or Todd, but perhaps as an accurate reflection of a realistic perspective on the state of the team at this time.

I know everyone would like more probing questions, but please realize that Todd and Paul are on the university payroll and Osipoff is focused on covering hockey, so just be satisfied with what you get.

I, for one, just want improvement on the court.  What is with critiquing clothing choice and Ickow's lack of screwing over his colleagues?

Hard hitting questions from a 4,000 student mid-major guys?  Job on the line after going 9-6 to open a season.  Yowza some of us are unhinged. 

Admittedly I was truly excited with 8-0.  1-6 is putrid.  Something in the middle would be respectable to finish out the season.

Suppose I'm most nervous about losing a commitment from Javon Freeman-Liberty if we continue to look lost.

Anything else is noise in the Channel for me, at the moment.  I'm thankful to have a top notch Union Street Hoops Podcast (next episode PAUL?) and a high energy radio guy in Ickow with a solid weekly interview show with coach.

Keep up the good work Ickow and Oren!

crusadermoe

That article in the Peoria paper was very fair.   Indeed it was a tale of two months.   November with Tevonn.  December without him. 

He has 30 points in the two games since his comeback. Maybe the floor rotations can adjust gradually to having T.W. again and start improving.  But it will be gradual. 

chef

Not mentioning Bakari's illness was a mistake. It was mentioned numerous times throughout the radio broadcast. There's no new news concerning Burton, but it was mentioned that his loss really hurt the team. I don't think it's any secret why Parker has not played much lately. He hasn't produced offensively and the team is struggling offensively.
And finally....the show has a dress code. As for going forward, I expect a much better performance tonight. I think it's great Valpo has so many passionate fans, and I'm sure that's one thing that will never change.

FWalum

Quote from: FieldGoodie05 on January 02, 2018, 08:54:33 PMSuppose I'm most nervous about losing a commitment from Javon Freeman-Liberty if we continue to look lost.
Javon was at the Missouri State game and probably was not particularly impressed. I also talked to an agent that I know who was there to see Alize Johnson and Tevonnn, neither one of them had a great game.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

NativeCheesehead

For well over a month, this team has not been ready to take the floor at Gametime. That is 100% on the coaching staff. I want to see Lottich raging at these guys tonight. Nothing else has worked.

VU2014

11-0 to start the game... 15:43 min left in the 1st half. A lot of standing around on offense again.

VUGrad1314

Just wow... What is there to say at this point?

VUGrad1314

VUGrad1314

VUGrad1314

Is this... some semblance of offensive flow we see finally? Wonderful! Let's keep it up! Go Valpo!

VUGrad1314

I do wish we'd work the ball into the post a bit more.

VUGrad1314

You know what? 11-0 start notwithstanding that was pretty good on both sides of the floor.

FieldGoodie05

Mileek, Who the ______ thinks screening someone like a horny dog is acceptable?

VUGrad1314

All this size and so little of it can rebound.

a3uge

I never expected the reffing in the MVC to be worse that the Horizon, but these three games have been brutal.

Bradley in the bonus with 14 min left on an attrotious call.

And the Bradley announcers are bickering about Valpo flopping lol

M

Lol that screen was terrible, he's had a rough one tonight.

Kindve gettin tired of golder yelling at the other teams bench when he does something...I guess he hadn't done anything in about a month so maybe it was pent up.

Offense looks so much better...who'd have thought ball screens would be a good idea (everyone!).

VUGrad1314

In the future even if we have to sacrifice a bit on offense I would like to see more Linssen type players and less Smits\Sorolla types unless the players with Smits\Sorolla size can attack the glass like Linssen.

valpo84

Bradford needs to just stop shooting.  By the way STLvufan in the Bradley house!
"Christmas is for presents, March is for Championships." Denny Crum

valpo84

"Christmas is for presents, March is for Championships." Denny Crum

NativeCheesehead

Hot Take: Our centers are not good at basketball.