• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Major Upgrade!

Started by valpo04, November 10, 2011, 08:03:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpo04

We have just completed a needed mandatory upgrade to the forum.  I hope you find this new version to be easier to use. 

I will be working throughout the day to return the colors/icon/feature customization.

Please let me know if you come across any issues.

valpo04

To access your Ignore List:

Go to Profile -> Modify Profile -> Personal Messaging and add usernames to the Ignorelist: box.  From then on, posts made by those users will be replaced by a note reminding you that you have that member on your Ignore list, with a link you can click on to display that particular post if you want to.

You can add the admins and moderators to your ignore list, but you will still see their posts... sorry!

New Feature:

Warnings

Admins and Moderators can now give official warnings to users (we had something similar on the proboards forum) that will take away privileges as it increases.

Once a warning level reaches a certain threshold, the user's posts will have to be approved before they appear.  If it gets even higher, the user will not be allowed to post at all.  The warning level will decrease automatically over time, gradually restoring the user's abilities to post.

valpo04

Another minor change...

Personal messaging improvements including ability to automatically sort incoming messages and a variety of display options.

valporun

I do like the upgrade, but why was it mandatory?

valpo04

Quote from: valporun on November 10, 2011, 01:53:18 PM
I do like the upgrade, but why was it mandatory?

SMF made 2.0 available last year I believe, but it was in beta.  We were running the 1.x.x version which was the official version.  2.0 became the offiicial version this year, but the 1.x.x versions were still being supported (security patches, bug fixes, etc.)  SMF decided that now that 2.0 is stable/official that they will no longer support the 1.x.x version.  So in order to continue receiving support/updates we had to upgrade to 2.0.

valporun

Gotcha! That makes sense, just wasn't sure.

agibson

Quote from: valpo04 on November 10, 2011, 08:03:07 AM
I will be working throughout the day to return the colors/icon/feature customization.

Ah - good, does that mean the old color palette is coming back?

No rush certainly, and I'm sure I'd get used to it.  But, the new one seems much... brighter?

valpo04

If things look odd for a while, don't worry, I'm still working out the colors for everything!

valpo04

Quote from: valpo04 on November 11, 2011, 10:44:38 AM
If things look odd for a while, don't worry, I'm still working out the colors for everything!

I think I am finished with the color changes... please let me know if you have any issues with the current color scheme.

I do have one report that the background appears blue.  Is it gray for everyone else?

I will still be making minor changes, but if everyone is happy with the overall look, this is how it will remain.

agibson

Quote from: valpo04 on November 14, 2011, 04:16:38 PM
I do have one report that the background appears blue.  Is it gray for everyone else?

I will still be making minor changes, but if everyone is happy with the overall look, this is how it will remain.

It's gray for me.  The current palette seems comfortable enough.  Well managed!

vuweathernerd

i see that the color scheme changed again, and now has the brown and gold and there's no hint of blue anywhere. any chance of the lime green accent anytime soon? ;)